Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 12, 2008

Designers Edge Raises More Than $1,000.00 At Fundraising Bake Sale Today

WOW! What a HUGE success. The ladies at the Designer's Edge helped raise over $1,000.00 at the bake sale today, and they are still selling raffle tickets until tomorrow at 5 PM for some pretty cool things. The turn-out was fantastic and the food was delicious! I want to thank all of the people who made this possible. Teeena Twilley, the owner of Designer's Edge, Mary Jane Adkins and Chelsea Pipes were all very instrumental in this event; as were many others. I apologize to those of you who I did not mention by name, but I am terrible at remembering names. You all have my sincere gratitude and I hope to one day be able to repay your kindness!! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!

One more thing...let's move on and NOT give ANON 4:02 any more of our time. It's not worth it. I definitely appreciate all of the nice things that have been said about me and in my defense. But, there's one thing that I learned in the Marine Corps many years ago, and it has proven to be true over and over...you will always have "the 10%". They are the 10% that ruin it for the rest of us. The 10% that make things more difficult for the other 90% of us. The 10% of the "shitbirds" as we used to call them in the Corps. The one good thing about them...they make the rest of us look that much better. Now, let's move on and get this money raised so I can continue living among the 90% of the people who are so good!

Chuck

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job ladies.

blue said...

That is awesome, as Chuck is a nice guy and deserves some help. Hes part of our family at the dealership and its heartwarming to see so many people come out and help.
I guess I still havbe hope in humanity after all.

Anonymous said...

It truly was a team effort in organizing this event. As an employee of Designer's Edge I can attest to the hard work that was put into this fundraiser. Some of us called or visited local business for donations for our raffle, and others donated MANY baked goods!!! SO glad to know that we were able to help and make a difference!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!