Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 12, 2008

Mayoral Candidate Jim Ireton: Website Release

(Salisbury)--Sailsbury Mayoral Candidate Jim Ireton announces this morning an updated campaign website.Designed to increase awareness of the upcoming municipal election, the website, www.friendsofjimireton.com lists Ireton's stance on issues facing Salisbury, has biographical and contact information, and includes a photo gallery from the "Help Is On The Way!" campaign.

Salisbury elections are slated for March 3, 2009 (primary) and April 7, 2009 (general election). Ireton announced his candidacy for mayor on November 15, 2009, and will file official papers with Salisbury City Clerk Brenda Colegrove the week of December 21, 2009.

"We are greatly encouraged by the response to the 'Help Is On The Way!' Tour. Our fundraising continues, yard signs are going up, and we are taking our message to the citizens. Our goal of uniting homeowners, senior citizens, university students, and all city renters in the common goal of revitalizing Salisbury is on track to propel us to victory in March and April. Though the campaign is it's early stages, I am encouraged by the positive tone so far. I, and all the candidates, owe the citizens of Salisury a debate that highlights our visions for change." Ireton said.

"Help Is On The Way!"

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comin' ta git ya Bubba.

Anonymous said...

Jim should invite the Insleys,Williams,and all the other slum lords to his debates.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where Comegys was on Wednesday evening during the public hearing by the Planning & Zoning Commission, on which he is the City's designated member, for the input on the ag. downzoning?

I guess, like he says, he will always vote against the landownder outside the city of Salisbury. Maybe that is why he did not attend the Commission meeting.

Anonymous said...

Joe, I hope that you mean 2008 when Jim will file. He'll be a little late for the election if he waits until '09!

Anonymous said...

Bubba was home stuffing his grill with some ole grease fried mess. He doesn't care about landowners or farmers unless he can annex it in and give it away to his developer buddies.

I can't wait to hear him grunt and groan during the debates.

Hey Bubba, you only get a minute or so to speak so leave all of your ummms, uhhhs and I means at home.

Anonymous said...

I will support Mr. Ireton 100% if he can guarantee us that he will get rid of the Three Stooges at the Salisbury Fire Department.

Anonymous said...

Anon 648 the only guarantee you get in life is that it will end. I'm sure Mr. Ireton will do his best by everyone in the city. I'm also sure a bunch of Barries people will be jumping ship.

Anonymous said...

Bob Caldwell for Mayor.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Bob Caldwell for Mayor.

7:47 AM

Caldwell would be wasting his time and money.

Caldwell needs to offer his support to Ireton and hope to get a good position in the city administration.

Anonymous said...

I read with great pleasure today in the Daily Times a letter to the editor from Governor O'Malley congratulating Wicomico County Government for the super bond rating it received. I wrote a comment to SBY News congratulating Wicomico County and it didn't make it to the Post. I now know I should have sent the greetings to the Daily Times and not SBY News.

I have only lived here a short period of time, but I have learned which class of people I belong to. It's not SBY News.

joe albero said...

Anonymous 11:41,

I put up a Post earlier this morning explaining how one of my Contributors had moderated comments last night while I was away and rejected some comments he intended to approve. It was an accident. If you'd kindly tell me what Post your message was written on there's a chance I may be able to retrieve it. Also, the time you may have written it will help too. These things happen and we're truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. No one is trying to cover anything up.