Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, November 29, 2008

From A Loyal Reader

This was written following the 9-11 attacks. I do not know who wrote it. I pray that nothing like 9-11 will ever happen again. I am sending this in hopes that many who read this will remember this the next time they make stupid threats like the one against Mr. Joe and his family on Thanksgiving. I would much rather be thought of as these brave Firemen are than the one who made the threat. Although not mentioned, I think this would also apply to Policemen. These men and women did NOT run for their own safety and truly understood the REAL reason they became Fire and Police Personel. Sometimes, people need to be reminded.

I have always thought that angels wore halos and wings of white

But now I find they wear hard hats and black coats with yellow stripes

And angels, in my mind, wore long flowing gowns of white

But now I see dark pants and shirts and badges shining bright

And angels always floated with bare feet above the ground

Not true! For they wear steel toed boots and go where death is found

Not all angels have smooth hands that look like porcelain

Some angels have torn gloves and cuts and burns upon their skin

And while I thought all angels glowed from heavens light

I see an angel cutting steel his torch is shining bright

And while these earthly angels passed buckets of debris

The angels up in heaven looked down on bended knee

So while the smoke continued to rise into the sky

I watched the rescue workers weep I've seen the angels cry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since no one commented on this, I guess it means that the guilty one must have some kind of feelings.