Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Angel Has Been Adopted


Thanks to the wonderful readers of Salisbury News, Angel has been adopted! One reader informed me of the adoption as they wanted to adopt Angel but got to the Humane Society too late. That's not stopping them though, They plan on heading out there tomorrow and see al of the other animals and told me they will adopt one or two more animals, depending on what they have to offer. Another friend called me and said they truly wish they could adopt Marvin, the black lab.

I am so pleased this is working out and so many of you are participating. Like I said, it's one of the best things you'll ever do. Jennifer and I have been helping animals for many years and their are very few rewards in life that feel any better. Try it, you'll like it.

In the very least, go up tere and spend some time helping them out and take a few dogs for a walk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to Marvin....labs are "better folk" (and great with children)than over 85-90% of the humans I deal with on a daily basis. If I wasn't in a townhouse with an adoptee of my own, I would take him home in a heartbeat. Woof-Woof, big guy....keep your chin up!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joe, I don't know if
you know what a difference you
are making for these animals.
I wouldn't trade mine for the
world. All are rescued, only
wish I could take in more!!!

And by the way, what the heck is
going on with these vets? They
charge more than my Dr for a
visit ? The sad thing is ,as
I was reading the other night
on one of the news sites, many
animals are being turned in to
the Humane Societys by older
people, simply stating they can-
not afford to give them adequate
care anymore. This is extremely
sad, as with many older people,
the only companion they have is
their beloved pet.
Makes us wonder when we're on
limited income, what will happen
to ours.

Anonymous said...

i went to the humane society last week and saw her there! i was so sad because i didn't think anyone would adopt an 8 year old dog! she was shaking when i tried to pet her poor dear