Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Benefit for cancer patient

On Monday, 10/27/08, at 7:00 p.m. there will be Basket Bingo Benefit at the Pittsville Fire Department. This event will benefit Diane Owens who is fighting an intense battle with cancer. Many of you may know Diane who has been a cashier at J-T's Market on Rt. 50 at Friendship Rd. in Pittsville for about 5 years. Tickets are $25.00 at the door. If any of you have friends or family who have fought cancer, you know this is a fight where the stakes are the highest. The financial repercussions can take away the will to fight. Even as the holiday season approaches, we ask that you do what you can to help. Please make an effort to come out to the Pittsville Fire Department and show your support.

On behalf of Diane, as well as her friends and family, I thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this... I know her very well. I have been a resident for 15 years and I frequent JT's Market. My prayers and thoughts.

Anonymous said...

JT's is at 50 and sixty foot rd. Shore Stop is at Friendship Rd

Bob said...

Damn....your right. My bad. Don't know what I was thinking.