Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Question of the Day, Thur 8/21

Several days ago, Joe had posted about The Opportunity Shop. During a recent phone discussion, he had mentioned that one of his friends took his monthly trip there and had bought a couple pairs of pants/shorts. He gets home and finds money in the pocket of a pair.

So, my question is:

Have you ever been to or shopped at a second-hand store? What's your favorite second-hand store? What's the most interesting or suprising thing you have found there? Have you ever found money in something you have bought? Anything gross?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i shop at the goodwill store in salisbury. find things all the time with tags still in them. travel to bridgeville too.

Anonymous said...

And if you found money, did you return it as a donation?

Wymzie said...

I love 2nd hand stores!
When I lived in Hollywood there was a great store around the corner from me and the owner had an in with the costume dept. at Paramount and MGM.
I got a beautiful blue glass beaded necklace that was worn by Betty Davis in Jezabel.
It's a great piece!
There is also a great junk/antique store in Cody Wyoming next to the Irma Hotel (Buffalo Bill's hotel) that has a huge collection of used cowboy boots for about $10 to $20 a pair. Many are made of exotic skins that your not allowed to use any more.
I love old stuff, my house is filled with it I have only bought one piece of new furniture in my life for my home and it was a sofa.
This was purely for comfort, as antique sofa's are just not comfy.

Anonymous said...

We love Secondhand & Thrift Shops...although the ones here in Salisbury are a little derelict. My kids can pick up a bag of 'junk' for just a buck, and whether the toys or books are new or old, they play with them a day or two and then toss them aside anyway. Saves me a ton of $$$. Also gives them something to play with in the car.
I did find a small purse onetime filled with tons of change...bought it for a quarter, and yes I kept the change which was more than I paid for it...but I'm sorry, if the workers couldn't tell it was full of change...their loss!

Anonymous said...

What is the history of the Opportunity Shop? I have only been there once. The clothes were so packed together, that I could not find anything.

My father recently passed, an I have to decide which place to donate them to.