Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 22, 2008

Daily Accident Report

"Joe,

Once I get in every morning I try to spend at least 5 minutes to get the morning news, I usually hit WBOC and THE DAILY CRIMES, via the internet. I have recently found your site to be quite amusing and love to get the real inside reports. I just wanted to make a quick comment "editorial" on the fact that every day this week I have had to read about the lose of a live due to poor driving. it's a shame that a family had to loose a member of it's family due to someone else's poor judgement and lack of driving common sense. I just wanted to say to everyone please remember that your bad judgement could effect another family FOREVER! PLEASE hang up and drive, SLOW DOWN, BE PATIENT, and most of all LOOK TWICE! I do not want to look at the news and see my wife's SUV crumpled up on the front page! And neither do you!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

think maybe theres to much traffic for the roads in salisbury, hell of a nice future plan they had for our town, or was it no plan at all just sleazy deals and kick-backs.

Anonymous said...

Send a copy of this to the MSP.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know what happened on Line road yesterday around 5:30 6pm. I know they had the road closed and detoured everyone onto those tiny narrow backroads.

Anonymous said...

Car deaths are news for a day and then everybody but the family forgets the next day. We're still dealing with repercussions 16 years after a traffic fatality in the family.

Today I took my CDL test and noted to the MVA man testing me about how long Tilghman road and rt50 have been tore up. He said it has beem 3 months and one death.

As I approached the stop light at the mall a man was yacking on his cell, the light turned green, everyone drove on ahead while the man kept yacking. Finally the MVA tester said blow the truck horn.

Finally,same day, today, one lane of rt 50 is closed eastbound on the Vienna bridge due to a collision between a motorcycle and small 6 wheeled truck. I get by the scene and some fool blasts by like I was hardly moving.

They won't learn how to drive. Nobody will ever learn.

bpinto

Anonymous said...

Every day of my life when a family member leaves the house I always say to them "drive carefully and be sure to watch at stop lights and for fools on the road." My husband always tell me when I walk out the door to "be careful" and watch out for fools. There are a lot of them on the road, for sure. Maybe we are over cautious, obsessive compulsive or whatever, but I could care less! The important thing is we always remind each other.

Anonymous said...

How do someone "loose" a life on the road? Do they tie them to the bumper with rope and then loosen it a bit?

Or did the crybaby author mean LOSE? You know, the same word he's always been called, just with the letter R at the end of it?

Anonymous said...

Here is something to think about....... If it was a sword instead of an airbag...... think how careful people would drive!