Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 18, 2008

Have YOU seen "Wall*E " yet ????


The megahit Disney-Pixar film "Wall*E" is still playing in theaters nationwide as well as on the Shore and as a parent who saw it during opening weekend, I must say I fell in love with it.It was not only a brilliant childrens movie,it was an action flick,a family movie and a love story with a little sci-fi tossed in.And there was a somber moral to the story(line) about the shape of our world and how everything we do impacts it.
Alot of us apparently have seen it, as it opened at number one and the audience was equally divided between adult and children,and male and female.
Despite having very little human dialogue,and only one actor appearing in live action(Fred Willard),you do not lose interest or feel the plot running out of steam.The variety of futuristic robots tailored to specific jobs is mind boggling and I just adore the little "rogue" vacuum cleaner robot that constantly follows any trail of dirt and clips along like todays ROOMBA,only hovering a foot above the floor!
If your kids or grandkids are bugging you about going to see the movies this weekend and you have not already seen this-GO!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best movie ever!

joe albero said...

Welcome Back!

Anonymous said...

I spoke with my daughter who is spending the week with her grandparents. She is 11, and both my parents and daughetr said it was the worst movie they ever saw! I don't get the chance to take my daughter to the movies often, so when she does go, she usually says she loves the movie, regardless what it is. So I thought it had to be pretty bad if she said she didnt like it!
hmmm...to each his own I guess!

Anonymous said...

We LOVED it! I was skeptical, but the previews didn't do the movie justice. My Son (6 years old) has been Wall-E crazy ever since.

Chimera said...

We LOVED it!My daughter insisted on replacing her Spongebob toothbrush with Wall*E's and now wants to be a robot this Halloween!
I cannot wait to buy the DVD!
Good to be "back" LOL

Anonymous said...

So, you pay them money to watch a movie that they made so they could tell you just how bad you really are for killing the planet with all of the petroleum and electricity that you're consuming, including that which was used to get you to the movie and to produce and show you this movie, that's hot ...

What are they selling at the Snack Bar, Carbon Credits ?

*Not on my dime