Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, June 09, 2008

Refreshing Is Refreshing!




I know I'm starting to show my age when I bring up a story mentioning 20 years ago but the truth is the truth. Around 20 years ago I had the above pool custom built at my home in Gambrills/Davidsonville Maryland. It was the largest residential pool ever built at the time in the State of Maryland. It was so large the kids could tool around in a paddle boat without any problems whatsoever.

With the temperatures up as high as they have been in the past few days we wanted to offer some relief to our Grandson, so we went to Sam's Club and bought this $284.00 pool, 16' wide and 4' deep. It came with a filter and pump as well as a vacuum to clean the pool. Quite frankly, it's an unbelievable purchase for the money.

Look, going from a 84,000 gallon pool with a 48" long waterfall and all sorts of goodies, I don't care what you say, this little thing is fantastic! If you were to try to build the pool I used to have it would run you around $65,000.00! I'll consider building another concrete pool next year but for now, this thing is absolutely perfect!

6 comments:

Ddubb said...

"16" wide and 4" deep." -- went from the biggest pool in MD to the smallest pool ever recorded. I think you've got your tick marks mixed up, and 4 inch deep pool that's 16 inches wide? It's got to be....at least....3 times that big :)

joe albero said...

LMAO! My Bad! It's fixed, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Good looking pool for Gavin and you. Just make sure he is careful and watched all of the time he is near it, please. The concrete pool may not work out your way, due to the water table?!

A. Goetz

Anonymous said...

joe, did u buy a china made pool there buddy?????????

joe albero said...

You know Doug, I really don't know? The last Made In America Pool I owned was $65,000.00 and took 7 months to build. This one took 30 minutes to put together and filled up with a garden hose, not 100+ truckloads of water. I also own German and Japanese vehicles, does that make me a bad American too?

Anonymous said...

i think the economy pool is fine! serves the purpose and looks good too.