Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Princess Anne Police Department




Ladies & Gentlemen, this building has so much history to it, it isn't funny! Built in the 1800's, clearly things were different back in the day and with towns developing like mad, everyone has expected to build new. Not in Princess Anne! They are just days away from a complete renovation of this facility and I have to honestly tell you, it's beautiful!

Not that many people would want to visit a Police Station, I'd call in advance and ask if they'd give you a tour. I took one and it was really cool. YES, without handcuffs on! LOL

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been by there many times. Yes, it IS beautiful.
Too bad our station 16 can't be similar. What's with the modern view? Throw it away, we can get new. Wish getting rid of our council BOOBS could be so easy!

Anonymous said...

My aunt and uncle owned the house across the street from the jail so it brings back alot of memories for me. I am glad to see them keep it instead of giving it away or distroying it.

Wanda Disharoon

Anonymous said...

When I was a boy you could talk to the prisoners right from the street. That is until they put a sign up prohibiting that.

bp

Anonymous said...

S-A-L-I-S-B-U-R-Y- news?

Anonymous said...

Its also haunted!Ask any of the staff that has worked there over the years!

Anonymous said...

i want a new cellmate warden.

Anonymous said...

Do they have two headquarters? The sign says Main Headquarters. Do they have another Headquarters in Princess Anne?

I'm glad to see they are keeping the historic building. With the advent of computers you don't need as much file storage space.

Anonymous said...

I believe that is where the last lynching in the state of Maryland took place in 1933.

Have to check my facts tomorrow.

Carroll C. Serman, MSP, was critically wounded during that episode. He later became the Sheriff of Worcester County.