Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, June 05, 2008

WBOC-TV Salisbury circa 1985

As many of you know, I make the majority of my money in broadcasting, in addition, I am a broadcasting geek...a big broadcasting geek. For those who have not been on you tube, I will give you a benefit of my geekery. I happen to come across this video recently. Someone posted this video of WBOC-TV (Channel 16) from 23 years ago. This clip is super intriguing considering that they are currently building a brand new set right now.

Here is the video from 1985 of the last few minutes of the Delmarva Report.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so good. I remember EACH one of these newcasters and what great job they did. They were
very professional and well liked.
Wow - have things changed over the years. Its nice to go back 23 yrs and remember the good ole days.

Anonymous said...

Lots of familiar names in the credits including a couple old roommates. Man I miss the 80's

Anonymous said...

That was so great. Thanks for sharing that with us. That was the year my son graduated from Parkside! I too rememeber the news casters and they were great. Have to admit, they looked like babies, hehehehe!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like today's WMDT!

Anonymous said...

I believe the first two are George Evanko and Jane Jordan. I think George went to a tv station around the Richmond area.

Anonymous said...

Dude that is Sally Cannon not Jane Jordan! That is John Cannons sister.

Anonymous said...

I didn't think Jane looked that good. LOL

Anonymous said...

Not exactly WMDT today. WMDT bought their current news set from WUSA (Channel 9) in my neck of the woods. They used that set from 1996-2000 with a revision in between to the current colors. The only thing missing is the background of Washington and the laptops 9 had in the anchor desk.

Anonymous said...

Mike Dunn was also listed in the credits.