Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ocean City, Meehan Make Front Page of Foxnews.com

Ocean City's Mayor Rick Meehan stars in a 50's style T.V. ad to help promote travel to the resort city. Based on the premise that the Ocean Will be gone in a million years he asks everyone to book their trips before it is too late. I thought it was well done and funny. You be the judge.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s27Ilv84bj4&fmt=18

Full Story Courtesy of Foxnews.com - http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365597,00.html

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nick, thanks for posting this. I sent this to Joe on Sunday, didn't get a response. I saw it in PA and thought it was terrible. What do OC residents think?

Anonymous said...

smart and well done

Anonymous said...

I thought it was funny.

Anonymous said...

Somebody in OC must be doing something right if this video has made it to the big-wig news. Very creative!!

Unknown said...

I thought this was hilarious! Nice find!

Anonymous said...

That is grat! Whoever thought it up should be given a year at OC at the cities expense!!!

A. Goetz

Nick Loffer said...

Anon 8:39,

With the amount of City dealings and other emails of all sorts Joe gets do not take it personally. He is a busy busy man for this site for all of you. I've seen it first hand with Joe. Very easy for things to slip through.

Remember you have others who will gladly post for you on this site as long as it is appropriate.

I thoroughly enjoyed that commercial; funny and not typical. It def got your attention.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe people saying this is funny, nice, well done, creative- (yes). $1M bucks for this campaign ad? C'mon folks this make OC look, if nothing else, 'desperate'. And to add to that, waisting money like Salisbury. If I lived elsewhere, and saw this on TV, I'd be ROTFLMFAO at these idiots.