Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Was Shanie Suggesting These Were The People That May Never Return?


Last night Shanie Shields said, In a perfect world, we never know if we're going to leave here tonight and never come back. OK, what's that got to do with agreeing to a simple date in which might be suggested as a deadline to expect the Audit be completed?

She went on to say that they don't know the City. They don't know the books. OK, Dee, Dee, Deeee, they're ACCOUNTANTS! Mathematics Is An Exact Science Shanie. Bookkeeping and accounting is NOT Rocket Science. If your taxes are due by April 15th, there's NO EXCUSES! It gets done or you're penalized.

The point I was trying to make last night was this. You have a Council Vice President who's declared Bankruptcy and allegedly failed to pay child support. You have Shanie Shields in the process of foreclosing on her home and you have a Council President who clearly stated last night, "I've done an audit or two when I was in Florida." Well Louise, one or two audits is NOT what you ran your campaign on. Nevertheless, the taxpayers of Salisbury have voted these people into Office and you know what, you get what you deserve.

I know that when I'm running a multi million dollar business, do any of you actually believe I'd hire any one of these three people to balance my books and oversee the people doing so? Get A Grip People! You screwed up, admit it.

OK, that being said, Louise questioned there only being one company OUT OF STATE who was willing to do the Audit and she found that unusual. However, she didn't challenge it after I got up there and spoke and asked why the SOLICITED 10 Companies and also ran an ad. Why would the City Solicit someone for the job in the first place? Nevertheless, I also stated that Government is supposed to get a minimum of three bids for this kind of work, yet Louise chose to move forward with this Company? There's no accountability with this woman!

I'm telling you Ladies & Gentlemen, you have to do something about this starting now. Jim Caldwell gets up there and says the money for the Lift Station was budgeted in 2005 for the North end of the City, yet the money is now gone? Where the hell did it go? Why did the Mayor allow this to happen? My hat is tipped to this man for standing up in public and asking where the hell the money went. This is what Salisbury Needs, more Cohen's, Campbell's and Caldwell's!

So when you look at the photo above and see the ghosts Shanie may have been talking about, it's all smoke and mirrors Folks. The idea that someone can sit there and make excuses BEFORE it even happens and not ask this Firm for a deadline date is simply ridiculous. Pam Oland needs to go, period.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I run a bussiness with my husband and my step-son and I will tell you this if I had answered like she did last night I would be let go and I am not kidding. I can not belive almost every questin she was asked last night was I do not know. But will tell you this she did not like it when Mrs Campbell said she could be let go. Talk about making faces. Will say this if she worked for our bussiness she would already be gone, mayors dauhters friend or not. A waste of our tax money once again.

Wanda Disharoon

Anonymous said...

Please not my Terry, she has to stay! Look, some of us DID NOT vote for Barrie,Gary or Shanie. Unfortunately I was a victim of Louweasel, as were many of my similar minded neighbors. However the fact that Debbie and Terry both got elected gives us hope, if we can get one more like minded person elected then we can see some real change! Don't throw in the towel people, we have 2 great people on our side, all we need is a couple more!!! And did anyone ever resolve the question of Shanie not living in her elected district and still serving?

Anonymous said...

Joe, you failed to mention that Terry Cohen Signed a petition when she was fighting the City against the Old Mall. That to me is more serious than the other three, Gary,Shanie and Louise. It's not unusual for Auditing firms not to give a completion date, since the firms have no knowledge of the condition of the books and staff support, etc.

Anonymous said...

Last night I watch the meeting on PAC 14. The whole meeting. I am not a city residence nor am I a Maryland residence, however, I am a business owner myself in Delaware and I wanted to take an outside look of what the citizens of Salisbury are truly dealing with. Well, after last night, you all better get out while you can. I have never, ever seen such drama, backbiting and bitterness in my life out of elected officials. (Comegys, Smith and Shanie) The only two professionals there where Cohen and Campbell. Mr. Comegys, Ms. Smith and Ms. Shanie, you really need to watch yourselfs on tv. You all are oviously not interested in the community but rather more concerned about two council people calling you out. I am not sure where the money will come from, but people better rally up and start looking for a new mayor and councilman or the city will be heading in a really bad direction. For you Pam, you look to me like you are taking the pain for someone elses issues. If you know something about the finances and are afraid to tell because of the repocutions, I would do it anyway. The citizens will stand behind you if you come clean.

A Concerned Neighbor

joe albero said...

First of all Mr./Mrs. Anonymous, get your head out of your a$$! Use a real name if you want to be taken seriously, first of all. Secondly, it's easy to SUGGEST what you're saying but it's absolutely untrue!

Although I must agree that Terry Cohen was involved with the Old Mall, THEY WERE RIGHT AND THEY WON. The Mayor and Wilber tried bresaking the law/rules, they were taken to task for such and good citizens, including Terry Cohen, won their fight and got justice. How is that more serious than the other three?

You then said:

"It's not unusual for Auditing firms not to give a completion date, since the firms have no knowledge of the condition of the books and staff support, etc."

You can't be serious, right? I have been in business for 25 years. I can guarantee you one thing, you, along with the other three, have absolutely no experience in this and I can assure you, when you make an agreement/contract and there's a deadline date, they tend to take YOU far more seriously about the busines at hand.

As for their not knowing what they might be up against, THAT'S THE FIRST FREAKING SIGN YOU DON'T WANT TO HIRE THEM!

Anonymous said...

What the heck is anonymous 2:09 trying to say? That Terry should not have exercised her civil rights? News flash--their side won! Duh!

Final Frontier

Anonymous said...

Shanie could'nt tell you what happened last night.She is too
worried about getting home.
What a freaking idiot she is!!

joe albero said...

Final Frontier,

Take two wild guesses who else is out there right now suing me and trying to take away my rights as well. Then you might have a clue who might be so stupid to make such a comment.

Anonymous said...

I hear you, Joe!

FF

Anonymous said...

I think Anon 2:09 must be one of your advocates Joe and I agree that Terry was doing what any citizen would do when finding the leaders of this town had done us wrong. She and the opthers should be applauded for their efforts at correcting a mess the mayor and her flying monkeys got us into at the old mall. So, 2:09 how's the mall thing coming for you now???

A. Goetz

Anonymous said...

I will tell you this-
I worked for a $55,000,000
a year company in the area. I did my portion of the yearly budget. It was about $5,000,000. Our dead line line was March 15th.Our
presentation was 3/16.If you did not have your
budget complete and explained , you
didn't work there anymore.

Anonymous said...

Why Oland has had so many jobs in her short "career"? She's gotta go!

Anonymous said...

Cool pic!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Joe, I got some adrenlin going. If you were a mechanic and I ask you to give me a price to fix my car and when would it be completed; could you do it without looking into the motor?

What has filing personal bankruptcy and home foreclosure got to do with the City of Salisbury? Worst things have happened to people, haven't they?
Right!!

Anonymous said...

Shanie was suggesting they leave on break for a candy bar or two or three or four etc.

Anonymous said...

Anon 2:09, in addition to not having a clue and talking out of his/her rear, obviously didn't get that Joe was just using a picture to illustrate the concept of ghostliness.

The idea that Terry Cohen would in any way be part of what Smith and Comegys stand for is ludicrous.

Smith had us all fooled that she represented the same things Cohen and Campbell do -- fiscal responsibility, accountability, integrity, etc.

Louise Smith is not fit to lick their boots.

Tim Chaney said...

Where I work "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer. The answer is "I will take care of it."

Anonymous said...

"we can't look into our rear view mirror" to see where the W/S money has gone. Just ask bubba. that's what windshields are for.

Anonymous said...

People who file personal bankruptcy because of bills that they owe but want to get out of paying lack integrity. There are, IMHO, some (very few) reasons that would justify bankruptcy...i.e. catastrauphic medical bills. Otherwise someone who goes bankrupt is just a dishonest person who stole money from credit card companies without paying back.
I haven't heard anything about hospital bills for this particular person....where is the integrity?