Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Exclusive News: ANOTHER Huge Fire In Delmar Moments Ago










I received a tip there was a fire right down the street from my home and I was able to get over there well before the Fire Department. Not to say they didn't get there quick, I just happened to be right around the corner.

Nevertheless, the owner of this trailer home was actually attempting to tear it down when he threw his cigarette and a gas line was still on in the home. The trailer exploded and burst into flames. I have to tell you Ladies & Gentlemen, this thing went quick! As you can see from the pictures, the structure was pretty much to the foundation before the Fire Department was able to arrive.

They're very fortunate no one was hurt in this explosion. Four Fire Departments responded. Delmar, Hebron, Laurel and one other.

14 comments:

SunnyInOC said...

GOING....GOING....GONE. Trailers always go down in flames quickly.

Anonymous said...

Just another example of how smoking can be dangerous!!! To yourself and others..... LOL

Anonymous said...

More like he got tired of tearing it down and decided to speed things up a bit.

Anonymous said...

actually joe one person was found dead inside the trailer and the cause is still under investigation.

Anonymous said...

Aren't scanners wonderful things? LOL!

joe albero said...

First of all, I don't have a scanner. Read the post again and you'll see how I knew about the fire. Secondly, why are you people so afraid to use your names? If you "claim" someone was in the trailer and was to be taken seriously, please use your name. I was completely unaware of that and quite frankly I think you're full of crap, especially without a name.

Anonymous said...

Joe,
Anon 6:03 has his trailer fires mixed up. There was a trailer fire on Contentment lane down the road from you earlier this morning. An adult male and his 15 year old son were in the trailer at the time of the fire. The adult male died in the fire and the 15 year received injuries after making multiple attempts at rescuing his father without success. The 15 year old was transported to PRMC

joe albero said...

Yeah, I know. Actually, I'm told he was 16, so you know and I met the young man this morning. My hear and prayers really go out to him. It was a very sad story he told me and trust me, I didn't tell the entire story I didn't want every woman in town crying all day. Oh, and Howdy Doody.

Anonymous said...

He threw his butt into the trailer , what a jerk!
I agree , need to notify the arson
investigation people. Oh! my neighbor is an investigator!
You are right 5:16pm

Anonymous said...

my fault i didnt realize delmar had had a second trailer fire. the fatal was early this morning. my apologies i got my wires crossed.

Anonymous said...

I once read that a trailer could be completely consumed by fire in 7 seconds flat.

Anonymous said...

One less house on wheels!! At least no one was hurt in this one

Anonymous said...

Joe, these are just incredible pictures.

Anonymous said...

"Secondly, why are you people so afraid to use your names?"

You're kidding right?