Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Please Support Jodi's Journey

Dear Fellow Salisbury Community Members,

I have taken on an incredible challenge. On October 24, 25 and 26, I'll be walking 60 miles over the course of three days and camping out at night with thousands of other women and men who will be taking this journey with me. This is to raise money for breast cancer research and community outreach through Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.

My sister and I are walking together in Atlanta in honor of our mother, who is a two year survivor of breast cancer. But I am also walking for the thousands of other adults and children that will encounter breast cancer at some point during their lifetimes.

In order to walk, each participate must raise at least $2,200 in donations. But with your help, I know I can surpass that and raise even more. Please consider making a donation to support me. Keep in mind how far I will be walking, and how hard I will have to train in these coming months. You can either make a one time donation, or you can spread your donation out over four months, using the payment plan option. Keep in mind that all donations are tax deductible.

Without a cure, one in eight women in the U.S. will continue to be diagnosed with breast cancer. That's why I'm walking in the 3-Day; because everyone deserves a lifetime.

Please follow the link below to visit my personal fundraising webpage to make a donation.

Thank you for your generosity, and thank you for your support in my journey.

Sincerely,

Jodi

http://08.the3day.org/goto/jodiholland

No comments: