Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Outer Banks, Hooray

I'm in the Outer Banks for spring vacation and let me say it is amazing down here. It is my first time down and it has already been an adventure. I got stuck in sand and water on Rt. 12 and that let me know the area is a little more un-tamed than I expected. It looked like the stiff breeze blew the tide across the road on a unprotected part of the island. It took a little time to get out and I thank the family who stopped and helped me get my front tires out from the muck. Driving down at night was actually an amazing experience because parts of Rt. 12 you feel all alone. So i turned off my radio and rolled down my windows and enjoyed the trip. I'll be posting each day with some good pics.

Nick

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always a super experience there, no mater when ya go. Let us know how the fishing is....

HipBoots

Anonymous said...

The outer banks used to be a beautiful place, until developers found it. It still has it's raw beauty but much of it is blocked by condos waiting for the next storm to blow in.

Anonymous said...

Don't know where you are in OBX, but if you are anywhere near Avon, stop at the little restaraunt in the Food Lion shopping center. It was called Steamers, but they may have changed their name (not Bubba's). Best crab cakes south of the Ches Bay !!!!

Anonymous said...

Ocracoke Island is the only decent place left down there, thanks to development.

Anonymous said...

i love the obx.

Nick Loffer said...

Fishing is bad now, i didnt bring down my gear because the water temp is still cold...

It still is beautiful, I'm down in Avon and all the build up is in Kill Devil Hills...

I actually met a guy at the local seafood store from PG County and he was a real nice guy...I'll check it out tommorrow...

They are actually refurbishing the Wright Brothers Memorial, I'll have pics up tommorrow...

They have been working all day on fixing the high water from last night with a front end loader, I was going through at least 2 ft of water and sand last night...

P.S. I passed out on the bay earlier, so relaxing....

Administrator said...

Rugged is what you get the further south you head in the Outer Banks. Why you here check out all our great restaurants and attractions