Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cell phones - New Law

According to a proposed new law that would go into effect Oct 1, 2008 you will no longer be able to use a cell phone while driving unless you have a 'hands free' adapter. I went to Circuit City and they wanted $50 for a headset with a microphone for my cell phone. Having a friend in the cell phone business, I talked with him and was able to come up with an alternative, working through Office Depot.

These kits are compatible with any mobile phone and one size fits all. I paid him $0.08 each because he bought in quantity. Then we tried it with Motorola, Sprint, Verizon and Nokia units and they worked perfectly.

A photo is attached so scroll down & take a look and let me know if you want one.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg!!! ROFLMAO!!! joe u r so cool and funny as fig. tis one made my day! ty ty ty may the angels give u an extra kiss tonight b4 beddybyebozo. remember that one?

Anonymous said...

Joe
That is to funny I needed a laugh this morning after driving all night . I would like to order 50 of them...lol Pass they out to my family .

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

SBYGIRL

Anonymous said...

This is too funny! I have seen many people walking around Walmart, Kmart, etc etc talking on their
blue tooth and that is pretty irritating to listen to their conversation while waiting in line to checkout.
It will be nice however, to not see people glued to their cell phone will driving trying to text, dial and drive at the same time.

Anonymous said...

The question is that with cellphone usage up, more cars on the road, why are car accidents either staying flat or going down?

Here is a site that shows trends over time. You would think that with more cars and more cellphones, accidents would go up.

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/departments/nrd-30/ncsa/STSI/USA%20WEB%20REPORT.HTM

Passing laws for us to use headsets seems like a simple talking point for a politician to make us think they are actually doing something.

Issue is that "studys" have shown that hands free does nothing to better your concentration:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/2008-03-09-drivers-listening-cellphone_N.htm

Anonymous said...

nice picture,

welcome to the internet 5 years ago..

Anonymous said...

Good job...The arony is that this will qualify under the current regulatiuons

Anonymous said...

Joe~
I was seriously thinking about taking you up on the offer until I scrolled down to the picture...you see I have blonde hair and it takes me a minute to get it!!
You are toooo funny.Thanks for the laugh though.

Anonymous said...

OMG, that was my laugh for the day and night! BUT, as mcuh as I hate to say it "what a good redneck" joke that is!! LOL