Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, February 11, 2008

The Obama Camp Comes To Cambridge






With more than a thousand people packing the inside of the Sailwinds in Cambridge, the atmosphere was positive and exciting. I found myself shaking hands with people I knew everywhere I turned.

I didn't necessarily like coming to the front doors and a gentleman was insisting everyone pay a dollar to get in, then he'd say it was a donation. Bumper Stickers were $2.00 each. Heck, we make those damn things at the last minute and they're $ .75 cents each. I can get them in volume for $ .35 cents a piece. I thought the idea was to get the message out, not make a buck while you're at it? Oh well, to each his own, I guess?

I will post another article about Obama's Wife coming to town tonight at UMES later.

DO NOTE: The Daily Times was not present for this event either. Perhaps they'll print something from a Press Release, I don't know? Are you getting what you pay for Ladies & Gentlemen!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will take more than a visit from Obama for Shanie to learn how to be a politician.

Anonymous said...

So Shanie didn't mind sitting around at this venue but begrudges her employers (city residents) more than an hour or so for vital decisions made at meetings and work sessions? Where is your candy bag Shanie?

Anonymous said...

I am a registered Democrat but knowing that Barrie Tilghman endorses Hilary and Shanie Shields endorsed OBama--will definitely be voting for Mccain this election.

LadyLibertarian said...

Well, before you all start praising Obama, you should know he blew off a campaign appearance in Southwest Central Virginia, where I live now. I guess he realizes he (and Hillary, who blew off an appearance at Liberty University) have no chance of winning this area.

Anonymous said...

Shanie will get her ass chewed today when Barrie sees this photo of her at an Obama rally.

Anonymous said...

Man, that will be a whole lot of chewing!!

Anonymous said...

And Shanie will arrive at tonight's City Council meeting without having reviewed any of the agenda material, once again, and vote the way Barrie wants.

They both are atrocious

Anonymous said...

Was Shanie handing out any num nums?

Anonymous said...

Hey anon 8:59 you can't vote across party lines until the General Election.

Tim Chaney said...

Anonymous 9:36 got me ROFLMFAO : )

Why can't we all Just Get Along? - Rodney King