Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

14% More Love


As this Post is NOT about bashing Michael Swartz, Michael went on the record claiming Wayne Gilchrest would win the primary by 2%. I, on the other had, stated Andy would win hands down and as things stand so far, Andy beat out the incumbent by more than 14% and this seems to have truly ticked off quite a few people. It's my understanding Andy lost Wicomico County by only 24 votes. Not too shabby for an unknown going up against a 16 year veteran that, (as I keep reading) everyone loved so very much!

What many don't realize above and beyond is IF Pipkin hadn't entered so late in the game, (many Republicans knew Wayne was in deep trouble) Andy would have walked away with probably an additional 25% more votes.

I did notice Michael recently put up a Post to CYA stating that although he stated Wayne would win by 2%, he actually hoped Andy would win. OK, which is it Michael? You remind me of the guy who likes to place his bet in the Super Bowl in the last two minutes of the 4th quarter!

I stood behind the person I believed would win, period. You never once read any flip flopping from this Blog and the end result is, Andy Harris is now your 1st District Republican Congressional Candidate.

Let's make it VERY clear right here and now on the record. Andy will beat Kratovil by achieving at least 25% more votes, PERIOD! Remember, you read it here first.

8 comments:

Tim Chaney said...

Kraptovil sounds like a town in P.A. Is it close to Intercourse?

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize Andy's comb-over was so bad until I saw this picture.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Joe, hate to inform you but your precious buddy Andy did not win either county on the Eastern Shore. Tells me the majority of the people on the shore aren't looking for "change". They're comfortable with someone who has been in the position awhile and has proven his leadership in this capacity. Sure you can argue Andy has all his credentials from places other than politics, but the plain fact is the Shore wants to be represented by one of their own, not an "immigrant" so to speak.

Michael Swartz said...

Back on 12/27/07:

And again I note that unless they find the Republican candidate in bed with a dead girl or a live boy, I don’t believe the Democrat will get more than 40% of the vote in this district.

http://monoblogue.us/?p=768

It ain't quite 25% but I think I beat you to the sentiment.

You might also want to note that I called Wicomico County for Harris but was wrong on that by the 24 votes you mention. (It's actually 64, but who's counting?)

Maybe your local blog doesn't have as much pull as you think it does.

Tim Chaney said...

I have tall friend at work that is the director of another department. He's in his mid 30's and it wasn't until I walked past his office and he had his head down. Oh yeah LoL I just never noticed before because he's so tall I couldn't see the top of his head.

He good about it he says he doesn't have a forehead he has a five head : )

joe albero said...

I'm sorry you feel that way Michael. I'm sure your Blog has more hits and is more influiential. NOT!

Tim Chaney said...

Sour grape?

Tim Chaney said...

I guess this blog has more impact than the Daily Times or others would like to admit. I don't think I've ever seen any candidate get so much support from a newpaper and still lose.

Voters are looking for change, the Status Quo has got to go! You can onlt pee down someone's leg and tell them it's raining outside for so long.