Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 24, 2008

OC104 (103.9) Is The King Of Buggers


1/24 - THE NEW HIP HOP COFFEE SHOP ON OC104 (103.9) ARE MAKING NOISE AGAIN ON DELMARVA.....THIS MORNING AT 7AM BILL BAKER, JESSICA, AND CROOKIDD WENT ON THE AIR AND ANNOUNCED THAT AFTER MEETINGS ALL DAY YESTERDAY THAT MANAGEMENT AT GREAT SCOTT BROADCASTING FOUND THAT IT WOULD BE IN THE BEST INTEREST IF THEY WOULD NO LONGER PLAY HIP HOP AND R&B MUSIC. THEN THEY WENT INTO "SHOW TUNES" FOR 30 MIN LISTENERS CALLED, E-MAILED, POSTED COMMENTS ON THEIR MYSPACE, ETC ETC. THEN THEY CAME BACK ON THE AIR AND SAID JUST LIKE THE "WHOPPER FREAK OUT" THAT BURGER KING DID WHEN THEY TOOK AWAY THE WHOPPER FOR A DAY....THEY DID THE "HIP HOP AND R&B FREAK OUT" TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF THEY TOOK AWAY THE HIP HOP AND R&B. AND IT WORKED!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

need to check dcrtv.com and look at the ratings-clear channel is # 1 and # 2 OC 104 came in behind a news talk station----

Anonymous said...

Clear Channel is the worst...good job OC104!

Anonymous said...

It's a shame that they didn't change their format. I'd rather listen to show tunes any day than hip hop. Oh well, at least there is WJDY. They play real music.

Anonymous said...

good yes but not as good as clear channel

Anonymous said...

can anyone tell me where i can get the age bracket breakdown and dj listening audience-i would like to see the breakdowns since they fired wookie and put this new kid in his SPOT he was in for over 17 years

Anonymous said...

I was in someones car that happens to listen to OC104. It was a bogus statement that was made about rock. Rock has had it share of shit too. Hip hop and r&b is not the only music that takes hits. Besides growing up listing to rock. My music was always put down by the people that listens to hip hop and r&b. So you are saying that its fare to put down rock, but not rap?

Anonymous said...

I've been gone from Sailsbury since 1994 but I do keep in touch with some of the locals. I also do some reading about what goes on locally. I read something today that really disturbs me. Frankly, I am quite angry about what it said. I used to listen to OC104 when I lived in Sailsbury. I am very hurt that they fired "The Wookie Man". I can't believe that!! He was still on radio when I left. I guess he wasn't cool enough for kids now adays. He was a cool person to me. I got to meet him and tell you what, he was just as funny in person as on the radio. I also got to attend his wedding. Its was alot of music and fun!! Loved it so much. I felt so honored. ( I was 14 yrs old around that time)

He used to make me laugh so much. (DUCKMAN did too, he was my second favorite)Its a shame and disgrace that this was done to a good person!! He was a freind of the family when we lived in Maryland. I don't remember hearing of him doing anything to danger his reputation as a DJ.

So back off to anyone who has anything bad to say about him. From what I remember, he contributed alot to OC104 and thier ratings.

Well one last thought:
Nobody could ever make me laugh or DJ the way he did!! He was an original!! Long Live "The Wookie Man"!!

Jackie

PS- if you've any information about this please contact me via e-mail through myspace.