Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 21, 2008

GoodFella's Opens In Pittsville




With all the talk about this new business opening up I thought I'd go there and check it out. I must say, compared to the other Mexican Food business that was there before these guys, the place is much cleaner and bright.

However, what stands out the most about this business is, IT'S COLD! They have a fireplace in the middle of the restaurant but it's nowhere near good enough to keep the place warm. If I were in there today I'd have to ask for my meal to go and eat it in the car where it would be much warmer.

The pricing seemed to be normal and so did the portions. I had a Steak & Cheese Sub. Rather than ordering the regular size, I watched two of my friends order theirs regular, so I ordered the large to see how much extra meat I'd get. NOT! Didn't happen. What I got for the extra money was a lot of bread at the ends of my roll. So bigger is NOT better in GoodFella's. The Fries were bitchin!

At one point when I looked into the cup I had ordered with soda in it I could clearly see a hair in my soda, YUK! These things happen and they immediately brought me a new soda and by the way, they have free refills.

The Sub was OK. I was hoping this would be a place where I'd be saying, man, these subs are LOADED. Just wasn't the case. I think it's a fine place to eat and a fantastic option over Dave White's Pittsville Grease Pit Diner.

I will go back to GoodFella's again and try something more Italian the next go around and let you know what I think. They also need to do something with their parking lot. They need to mark the parking spots because once more people realize they've finally opened they're going to get busy and the parking is going to be a problem.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

We tried to order takeout over the phone Sat night. Tried for 1/2 hour and phone was always busy. So I drove and placed my order for one pizza and a kid meal chicken tender. They said it would be about 1/2 hour. So I left, and came back to pick up my meal. Pizzas were ready but they told me they had run out of the chicken tenders. Wish they had told me that when I ordered!!
Pizza was good and I will try them again.
As far as the parking... you are correct. Its a mess.

JIM
GO CAPS!!
(3 in a row?? wow... beat the Guins tonight!!)

Anonymous said...

I tried it Friday night and ordered the Veal with Spaghetti. Portions were large and I brought half of it home. My daughter ordered the chicken tenders and she said they were the best, and again brought some home. It was cold, but the young waitress was hustling to keep everyone happy. Prices were the same as anywheres else, but close to home. They are open till 11:00 on Friday and Saturday.
Parking was bad, had to wait for someone to leave to get in. I will definitely go back and hopefully it will be warmer.
This is the same family as the one in Dagsboro but not Delmar.

Welcome to Pittsville.

Anonymous said...

If you want good carry-out food in Pittsville, you need to try JT's Market (Chevron Station). Their famous JT's Burger is the "BOMB" and their subs are overstuffed for the price. Simply good food and a lot better than Goodfellas!!!! Just my opinion:)

Anonymous said...

I have been to Goodfellas both in Delmar and Pittsville, but Delmars' Goodfella's is WAY better (I do live in Pittsville). So far everthing that has been said about the subs quality(sometimes lack of) are true. And I have no complaints about the rest of the menu.

Umm JT's market is ok if you don't mind stale bread the majority of the time. But I can confidently say that the subs are extremely overstuffed (and delicious).

Anonymous said...

I will never eat there again ,food is cold or burnt . The place smells of cigarette smoke , no hand washing , and no gloves preparing your food ! Just sit there and watch while you wait for your food . You have plenty of time ... Can't be to careful these days . NASTY !!

Anonymous said...

No hairnets either , how else did that hair get in that cup ?

Anonymous said...

My husband and I ordered take out coldcut subs . There was ALOT of old tasting brown lettuce . Fries were cold and greasey . JT's is so much better . Pass it on .