Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bush Endorses Gilchrest

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

President George W. Bush has endorsed the candidacy of incumbent Rep. Wayne Gilchrest (R-1) in Maryland's February 12th primary. Such an endorsement is hardly unexpected given Bush's record of endorsing liberal and moderate incumbents in primary races. Past Bush endorsements have included Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA) and Sen. Lincoln Chafee (R-RI).
“I have supported President Bush in his effort to cut taxes and curb
illegal immigration, and I will continue to work with my Republican
colleagues to get back to a balanced budget. I am deeply honored to
have the continued faith and support of President Bush, and I
appreciate his help in this election,” Gilchrest said in the same news
statement.
Voters should remember that the Bush / Gilchrest efforts to "curb illegal immigration" amount to granting amnesty to over 20 million illegals presently in the US. The Bush / Gilchrest efforts to "back a balanced budget" led to the largest deficits in history while the GOP controlled both houses of Congress and the White House.

cross posted at Delmarva Dealings

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

5 comments:

Tim Chaney said...

I don't know as I would even want the support of George Bush, surely could be the "Kiss of Death~!"

Time for Bush and Darth Vader Cheney to crawl into a hole and never be seen again.

Damn glad my last name is spelled with an "A," people do ask me jokingly if I'm related and all I can say is "If he was, I wouldn't claim him!" : )

Anonymous said...

Well, that determines it for me. I wouldn't listen to a damn thing that Bush would endorse

Anonymous said...

Talk about the Kiss of Death.

Anonymous said...

Is there anyone who endored Gilchrest that lives in the 1st district?? Maryland???

Anonymous said...

Time for a change. I say they both should go.