Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Church Street Awards

The other night there was an award ceremony for the people who helped out in the clean up of the Church Street Neighborhood. I was personally invited and I even went to far as to advertised the occasion on my Blog.

The event came and went and I did not attend. Some of the other Blogs out there were ragging on me because I did not attend and I'd like to formally respond now. I went there to help out and document the clean up. I did NOT go there to be recognized and or with the hope that I would receive an award.

I heard the Mayor called out my name and quite frankly I'm sorry she had to do so. I know that had to be difficult on her to do so, you know, with a lawsuit and all. However, I thought about it and I came to the conclusion that my original intentions of being there were unconditional and I quickly decided it was more important people participated and I really do not believe, (other than Louise Smith) anyone wanted any recognition for such.

Besides, I got enough of my own attention bringing it up on this Blog. So Mayor, thanks but no thanks, respectfully. I was also bothered that the Mayor refused to stick around and help out during the clean up, then she showed up to give out awards as if she was a part of the grunt work. I just can't work like that but I ask that you keep me on your list for ANY other clean up elsewhere in the City and I would be happy to participate.

Besides, my Wife dedicated 18 years of her life to the animals at the Salisbury Zoo and I certainly wouldn't want to have MORE awards than she has for helping out a couple of times after she spent 18 years not being recognized and ultimately fired. That is, if you get my drift?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

"your wide"...comon Joe, jen aint that wide that you should complain about it on your blog!!

Anonymous said...

Joe likes hanging out with the brothers in hood.

joe albero said...

Black Man,

Was that necessary? I'll give you one guess what organization that probably came from.

Anonymous said...

Joe, could be a white fireman.

Anonymous said...

joealbero said...
Black Man,

Was that necessary? I'll give you one guess what organization that probably came from.

2:06 PM

Uh, SFD?

Anonymous said...

It's not only "the brothers in hood"...lots of regular folks live there too. I would say Church Street/Doverdale is probably THE most diverse area in Salisbury.

We've got everything from homeless/jobless to 6-figure salaries...white, black, asian, hispanic, island...christian, muslim, jewish, pagan and every other version of religion...people who care and people who don't...

We're talking about a lot more than the Church St./Isabella-to-Naylor problem blocks.

Anonymous said...

would you just hang yourself and give us all an early XMAS gift!

WatchfulEye said...

BMWLP said...
would you just hang yourself and give us all an early XMAS gift!

5:57 PM

Wow. You are a hateful excuse for a human being. I hope you don't talk to your mother with that mouth.

Anonymous said...

WatchfulEye said...
BMWLP said...
would you just hang yourself and give us all an early XMAS gift!

5:57 PM

Wow. You are a hateful excuse for a human being. I hope you don't talk to your mother with that mouth.

8:03 PM

He is a paid fireman. I saw him make the post while he was supposed to be working today on the city clock.

Anonymous said...

I can't help but notice, but Salisbury certainly has an inordinate amount of neighborhood clean ups.

Maybe it's just me, but why don't they clean up their own trash, or is it a handicapped community?

Anonymous said...

most are really sick of the sfd blogs

Anonymous said...

Joe, the difference between you and your wife is that she actually gave a shit about what she was doing. You, on the other hand, are too busy tooting your horn about all the 'good' things you've done.


Merry Christmas anyway.