Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, November 22, 2007

It's Time To Give Thanks On Thanksgiving??????


I thank God I live in a Country where I have the right to my Freedom of Speech. I'm thankful I can come here every day and express MY opinion without recourse. Shit, who am I kidding! This is Salisbury where the Chiefy of Police and the Mayor of Salisbury are suing me for such. Well, at least the fresh Turkey I bought, (killed yesterday from my neighbor who is a Turkey Farmer) will taste great.

All kidding aside. Someone asked me to fill out a piece of paper the other day asked what I wished for and was thankful for this year. My answer was, I'm thankful for our Troops and I wish them all to come home safely and healthy. Any other wish would be selfish but don't think selfish is a bad thing. If my Mother was dying of cancer, my wish would be for her recovery. I just think while we all have such great lives and we're not hearing bullets fly past our heads, let's think about our Troops this year and thank them for all that they do.

So even though my rights are being violated right now, don't think for a second I don't appreciate what our Soldiers are doing to protect us in so many ways. That being said, I'm not going to get all emotional here and thank everyone for visiting. I'm not going to mention that I appreciate ALL of the support so many of you have offered me on this Blog and through friendships. I'm instead going to tell it like I see it, eat too much, take a healthy dump later and kick back and watch some Football. Anyone not doing the same is either a liar or they didn't eat enough. LOL

God Bless America!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe:

With "Delmarva Dealings" dead and Duvafiles gone senile, we're thankful you're still around.

Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thankgiving Joe,enjoy the turkey and remember, you are what you eat! LOL

Farm Boy

Tim Chaney said...

A Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Anonymous said...

Don't Overindulge

And when you do remember that Dr. Daffy still makes house calls and knows who you are.

ROTFLMAO

joe albero said...

Farmboy,

According to old man Duvall's Poll, I am the Turkey of the Year! Does that make me cannibal???? LOL

Anonymous said...

Hope you choke and die on the turkey.

Anonymous said...

HOOAH

JOE

that post did hit home that is for sure. I thank soldiers everyday for my freedoms. I wish for there safety and there minds to stay focused.

Well GOD BLESS USA

Anonymous said...

Good post Joe. The sacrifices and the lonelyness the troops go through are tough on them. But in the current war its also the not knowing exactly who is the enemy and those damn RPG's & IED's. Yes, our troops need our prayers for them to return soon and in good health!

A. Goetz

LadyLibertarian said...

I hope that you have a wonderful day where your turkey is seasoned and roasted or fried just the way you want, your dressing is moist in the center and crisp on the top where it has been baked in the oven. your candied sweet potatoes have the cinnamon and nutmeg, ginger and allspice in a brown sugar sauce perfect, with golden marshmallow topping, fluffy mashed potatoes with smooth gravy, and a perfectly spiced and baked pumpkin pie with just the right amount of cool whip. I hope that just as you get to sit down to your wonderfully prepared feast, your fireman's pager goes off and you have to abandon it.

Happy Thanksgiving, you miserable SOB.

Anonymous said...
Hope you choke and die on the turkey.

Anonymous said...

Teacherlady,
I pray that yours is not the house that makes the alarm sound. You may not like some or all of the firefighters, but they will protect you.

Anonymous said...

Now that thansgiving is over, maybe we could think of doing something that is near and dear to my heart. When making out your Christmas card list this year, please include the following

Recoving American soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20307-5001

wdish said...

With Thansgiving over, lets go on to somethink near and dear to my heart. When you are making out your Christmas list this year why not include the following.
Recoving American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20307-5001

Anonymous said...

wdish, I thought Reed is due to be closed. If that's right, when is that scheduled to happen, and where will our men and women go to mend?

Thank you for posting that.