Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Another Disappointing Daily Times Today!



The Official Bell Ringing for the Salvation Army kicked off about 1/4 of a mile from the Daily Times main Office. Were they there? NO! Yes they throw articles all over the place as if they participated. They even went so far as put it in an editorial.

Then there was the successful Christmas three lighting at the GOB at 6:00 PM. Certainly NOT too late to make the press! However, The Daily Times was nowhere to be found. My guess, they were attending the Disney Show at the Civic Center instead.

I don't just make these remarks to go on the attack against the Daily Times regularly. I do so to educate the public that what they are paying for is a joke. Look at how deep into the paper they buried the information about the Jaguar that died at the Zoo! Talk about another huge joke.

I'm sorry but for a Staff of 200 people and salaries being thrown around like there's no tomorrow, this Blog delivers, I don't care what you say! Granted, we don't have an obituary section, no classified section and no sports but that's easy, just reach deep down into that pocket of yours and pay for a Daily Times because that's about all you're going to get any more from them verses what you get here free!

I have been discussing very seriously opening this up into a once a week print newspaper and then continuing to Blog the rest of the week. I'm not in it for the money, so I keep going back to, I'd rather deliver what I see and keep it free for all who visit.

I have yet to really get into today's paper, so I'm sure I'll be back to deliver more. I will say however, I am invited to many events. Most of the time I attend, the Daily Times is not there. Oh, sometimes you'll even see an article even though they weren't even there, (like today's 2 articles) but most of the time The Daily Times tells you their stories simply from Press Releases Salisbury News does not get.

So, without our getting Press Releases, how do you this we're doing anyway? LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barrie in her apron--how perfect! Hope she gives up trying to run the City and bakes cookies. Am sure she could do that much better than she does the City job.

Anonymous said...

I'll be looking for Barrie and Rick at one of the kettles when the bell ringing starts next week. I have signed up to ring the bells twice. How many times have they signed up for this?

A. Goetz