Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My Favorite Home In Hebron Is Up For Sale


I have had my eye on this property for years and I always told my wife, if it ever goes up for sale, we're buying it!

Well, I was driving by this past weekend and to my great surprise, there it was up for sale! Yahoo!

I came home and explained to her that is was finally up for sale and she said, don't be too surprised if they want a small fortune for it. Thinking she couldn't be right, I called the Realtor. My first question was, how much are they asking for it?

She replied, there's 214 acres of land, two homes on the property and a huge barn that goes with it with 9 doors. PERFECT! I said again, how much do they want for it? $5,250,000.00!!!!! YIKES!

Although it's a beautiful spread, it's a shame they're selling it to redevelop it. There goes Hebron Folks. When you drive into town, houses are for sale everywhere and they're even a ton of homes for sale via auction.

I sure am liking what I bought in Delmar more and more every day!

4 comments:

joe albero said...

You know what, THAT MAKES SENSE!

I was trying to figure a way it would make business sense to pay all that money for a place but you're right. A TIF would be perfect. After all, it is Hebron, so it must be the slums compared to Salisbury. Salisbury is so perfect.

Besides, I know people on the Council and I'm sure if I slip them a few bucks they'll fall for it right away. (just kidding)

I like the TIF idea nosweat!

swampcritter2 said...

Is that Dick Hazel's old residence?

joe albero said...

sbydave,

It is on MLS and it was also in Saturday's Real Estate Guide. I think is was Century 21 or someone like that.

swamp, I couldn't tell you who's property it is. I can tell you it's absolutely beautiful but I've seen MANY $5,000,000.00 properties and this isn't one of them.

If it does happen to sell and they get even close to these numbers, you'll see some of the Albero properties going up for sale too. I just never thought the market here was ready for these kind of figures?

mrtv said...

Bill & Cleo Morgan, founder of Pepsi in Salisbury and mighty fine people.