Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What You've Been Waiting For

Last night's City Council Meeting was very short lived for me personally. As the 47 News Cameraman moved from one end of the room to the other, I actually stayed stable in one location where other citizens actually stood next to me because it was a packed house.

Gary Comegys started lecturing the Public about financial situations for the City, including the TIF and one person stated, "this coming from a guy who declared bankruptcy himself!"
Mike Dunn heard what had been said and he looked at me and asked that I sit down. I kind of stood there for a second because here was 47 News all over the place, there weren't any real seats available, there were "other people" standing there with me he had not asked them to be seated, so I refused to sit down. Instead, I clearly stated, I'm here to take pictures Mike. 47 News is all over the room, so why are you telling me to sit down and not anyone else?
Mike stated he didn't believe I was "Media" and again instructed me to sit down in a seat. At that moment I refused to sit down as I am there to document the event through pictures and I kept thinking in the back of my head, he's not asking others to sit down, why should I?
Mike Dunn then motioned to Detective Tucker to come forward like a puppet and he said, "Eject Him Now." Keep in mind, Mike had stopped everything on PAC 14 and called for a 3 minute recess and after the Detective apologized to me and said, Joe, I'm going to have to ask you to leave.
As I was gathering my things I turned to everyone and said, is this how you expect the Council to act? I turned to Mike and stated, you'll hear from my attorneys. However, I've thought about that and you know what, it's a waste of time. Mike Dunn is a "has been" in a few more weeks, I'm going to let this one go. However, I did leave Mike a message on his car windshield last night reminding him that I do have proof he has lied to the Public. Yes Mike, that was my doing.
Oh, believe me, there's lots more where that came from too. See Ya at the next meeting Mikey! IMO, there needs to be a "Vote Of No Confidence" brought up against Mike Dunn. He is clearly not focused, he is not acting professional and he needs to step down as President of the City Council till his time is over.
Why do I smell the same thing coming for Stevie Prettyman? In her case it would be a vindictive move while in Mike Dunn's case it would be to save respect for the City Council!
It reminds me of a joke I heard one day where a guy walks up to another guy in a Bar and says, got any pictures of your wife naked? The other guy responds, NO! He then says, wanna buy one? LOL

No comments: