Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 29, 2007

A Letter To The Editor From Candidate Terry Cohen

January 29, 2007

To the Editor of the Times:

The overall goal of my candidacy for the Salisbury City Council is to put the citizens first in everything we do. I will use my public policy, business, and community experience and skills toward building our future by focusing on the citizens and resources we have now.

Based on citizen input, I will work to:

Reduce our serious crime rate and neighborhood deterioration, ensuring our police, fire and EMS personnel are competitively paid;

Better manage our growth and tax dollars to improve our infrastructure, environment and quality of life, which will attract good businesses and jobs;

Develop safe, affordable housing solutions for our diverse citizenry; and

Create an open, responsive and respectful government that is welcoming to its citizens.


Over the years, as a gubernatorial appointee on the Maryland Commission for Women, in leadership capacities for the Business & Professional Women (BPW), and through achievement at work and as a volunteer, I have earned a very positive reputation in our community.

When I first spoke before this city council in June 2005, I asked that they put election differences and personal issues behind them and stay focused on policy. I have expressed dissenting views in a civil manner and limited comments to policy and behaviors in elected capacity.

Mike Dunn’s baseless accusation Sunday that I am a “notorious blogger” is yet another example of his inappropriate behavior pattern. As an involved citizen and now a candidate, I receive coverage in, consume news from, and communicate with this newspaper, the TV and radio stations, and the blogs.

For the sake of our city and our citizens, I ask everyone – all media included – to remain focused on issues and qualifications this election season. It is time for positive change, and I ask voters to help me achieve it.


Terry E. Cohen
Candidate, District 2
Salisbury City Council
536 Druid Hill Ave.
Salisbury, MD 21801
410.845.0296

Authority: Citizens for Terry Cohen - Owen Schweers, Treasurer

5 comments:

orientxpress said...

The question is, will Terry Cohen welcome citizens who do not agree with her? Or will she claim that they are misguided, bribed or otherwise biased because they do not share her point of view?

joe albero said...

Gee, orientexpress, you sure did describe Mike Dunn to a tee there. So why even bring up Terry Cohen's name? Perhaps you meant to say Mike Dunn? I'm sure that's what you meant. Have a nice evening Barrie. LMAO

Chesapeake Dogs said...

Well, I've watched enough episodes o' "As the Stomach Turns" on Monday nights t'say, she's got a purty good track record o' keepin' her head and a civil tongue. I'm a rather mellow dog, but I doubt I'd have the patience she's shown.

Can't abide foolishness well.

--CD

salisburybud said...

Has this letter been published? If not, I am curious to see if it actually will be...

joe albero said...

Salisburybud,

Don't waste your money buying the paper. Look each day online and click on the Opinion link.

www.delmarvenow.com