Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Who Are These People & What Do They Do?



Shouldn't these Boards and Commissions put out an agenda so the Public is aware of just what it is these people do? I'd also like to know why Karen Reddersen is putting out this document and not Pam Oland?

I went to the City's Website and found the following information.

CENTRAL CITY DISTRICT COMMISSION

Description: This commission shall advise the Mayor and Council on Central Business District matters pertaining to parking, bond financing, property acquisition, special tax district rates, and the general betterment of the area.

Meeting Schedule: As needed.

Chairperson: Bill Ahtes

So I'll ask again, what the heck is this meeting about and why didn't they advertise it in the Paper as well? I'd also like to know how and why they hold these meetings during the day when the general public cannot attend?

1 comment:

joe albero said...

I happen to agree with you, partially. Downtown can and should be revitalized but it should be done so at the expense of the OWNERS!

I want NO handouts, NO tax breaks, I'm asking the City for NOTHING!

I believe in what Salisbury "could be" with the proper people in office.

There are plenty of people out there like me who are willing to make that investment and believe me, I will make money on it.