Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Delmar, The Town Too Big For One State Is About To Make Its Mark!

I have recently come to learn that Delmar, DE. is being approached by Blackwater Creek, Inc. proposing to build some 1,200 homes at Rt. 54 and Rt. 504.

Blackwater is asking for a zoning change on the property so they can build some 800 homes and 400 subdivision lots.

Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut about how wonderful Delmar, DE. is and how low our taxes are. Oh well, the demand is there and the property owners of Delmar understand the need for so many people desperately wanting to get out of Salisbury. Wait till they see how low the taxes will be on these new properties!

Next we'll be seeing new shopping centers going up on Rt. 13 on the Delmar side. Oh wait, they're already being built! I wonder what gave them that idea? Charles Jannace said it best, the North end of Salisbury is a disaster just waiting to happen and the simple idea of no taxes just 1/4 of a mile north would draw everyone over the line!

Things are about to start crumbling for Salisbury and if you think you're in financial difficulties now, wait till Delmar starts delivering these homes. There will be a waiting list a mile long!

7 comments:

sparkly1 said...

Joe, I thought Delmar was going to be our little secret! I'm having a bad day and then you have to go and do this! I am going to quote what you wrote to me just yesterday --"What Delmar, I have no clue what you're talking about! There's no such place as Delmar! LOL" If you keep up, we will be annexed into the city and have to pay taxes. . . My taxes aren't that cheap, thank you very much!

As the Eagles Sing. . . You call some place paradise . . . kiss it good by!

Really people, Joe is just trying to impress you with how wonderful Delmar is . . . it horrible here . . . Snakes, Unidentified flying insects, rodents . . . possibly rabit foxes. Speed demons race up and down the roads at 70 mph . . . I wouldn't suggest that any one builds or moves here . . .Just having me or a rabble rouser like Joe as a neighbor will make your property values go down. Please everyone stay where you are! Don't move!

joe albero said...

Things change. The economy changes and let's not forget Tax Free! Like it or not, Delmar is a developers dream. Let's just hope the Town of Delmar learns from Salisbury?

Michael Swartz said...

I have heard there's also supposed to be a pretty good sized development on the north side of Laurel as well. So it's not just Delmar.

Anonymous said...

Joe,
Learns WHAT from Salisbury?
Careful how you word things!

joe albero said...

PB,

I've been saying this all along and that's why I'm investing so heavily into this area.

I do love the Downtown area of Salisbury but let's face it, Delmar has far more promise and if planned right they could learn from Salisbury's mistakes.

Remember Folks, you heard it here first. TAX FREE SHOPPING TOO!

Anonymous said...

LOL Joe
Got it right that time
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

joe albero said...

Baby steps PB.