Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Back In The Day


Growing up in and around New York City, you sort of learned how to live a whole different kind of life and or lifestyle.

Sunday mornings were something to look forward to. Never, did you ever know of anyone who had their newspaper delivered. Everyone got up early and headed off to the News Stand to get the 300 pound Sunday Newspaper. Then you'd head off to the Bakery and get fresh bagels and rolls.

Mom and Grandma would be back at the apartment brewing an enormous Sunday special commercial pot of coffee and the aroma of slowly freshly cooked beacon was all over New York City!

One of the greatest parts about the Sunday paper was the Comics. I don't know anyone who didn't look forward to those Comics.

A couple of weeks ago I featured a photo of the Sunday paper where the Comics were in black and white and not in color. Today I regret ever complaining about it being in black and white because today I didn't even get the Comic Section of the newspaper at all!

No Comics, No Bakery, No fresh beacon, no bagles or fresh rolls. SUNDAY'S SUCK ON THE EASTERN SHORE!

Oh, and by the way Daily Times, I want my money back from today's paper! No Comics, no pay! Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a plunger? LOL

No comments: