Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 28, 2006

Maryland Department of the Environment


Sydney Blake has retired!

Another dissatisfied customer! After 30+ years with the MDE the gentleman to your left has retired. I personally want to thank Mr. Blake for his professional services. Mr. Blake didn't know me from Adam when I first called but he "immediately" came to my home to review pictures I had taken of the WWTP and called in ALL the dogs that day to make an emergency trip to the WWTP and spent three days there writing violation after violation.

When I came to learn about the illegal pipes running directly into the river at the Zoo as well as the overflow of raw sewage in the Bison exhibit and then into the river, he once again showed up that day and took care of business. I have praised these guys since day one because they did what they said they were going to do and we can all only hope they find someone just as professional as he was, but I doubt that very seriously. It is my understanding they have been trying to find a replacement for Mr. Blake for the past 3 months and have had no luck whatsoever. What do we do now?

No comments: