Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 28, 2006

Do you know where YOUR property line is? (Updated)





It seems everywhere I turn I see the Ron Alessi sign on State Property. Then they come mow that area, probably take away the sign and the next thing you know there's another one up on the opposite corner.

This one was taken on Rt. 50 right after the Bypass heading West. Last week it was on the same side, just across the street on the other West corner. I have driven down roads where there are no people living in homes and there were 3 Ron Alessi signs on the property on a 1/4 acre lot!

Are there laws for this? Can you post a sign on State property? I even saw his sign on a commercial property on Main Street and thought, don't you need a permit for "any" sign for commercial property in the City Limits?

Maybe I'll just keep riding around and snap picture of these illegal signs?

2 comments:

hobie88 said...

By the end of the election season, there will be a "corral" over at SHA District 1 headquarters FILLED with illegally-placed campaign signs. During the summer, we used to pick them up about once a week. I think the SHA had more Long and Foster signs than L&F did!

Question: does SHA return the signs...perhaps after November? I don't think they used to.

Some communities discourage this sort of placement by charging candidates a penalty for every sign placed illegally and then removed.

If the elections on Wicomico County continue to be this contested in the future (and therefore generate significant signage), a similar ordinance might be appropriate.

joe albero said...

cml,

I have stated this before and I'll do so for the very last time. I am heavily invested in residential and commercial properties in the Salisbury/Wicomico County area, as well as Worcester County. I have every right to be concerned, like it or not.

This is also a sight to inform "everyone." Do you challenge the fact that Joe Carmean lives in Delaware yet he works for the Daily Times? He also shares news just like I do. Do you challenge Linda Kent for suing the City for the Old Mall Project, yet she lives outside the City?

I have also mentioned that my in-laws live in the City of Salisbury and I happen to have the time to place into such interests and as an AMERICAN I have every right to do so. Stop trying to shoot the messenger.