Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, July 20, 2020

You're Probably Gonna Get It...

At this site, I’ve never shied away from unpopular truths—in fact, I think that shining light upon them is vital to logical thought and solid investment returns. With that out of the way, I’m going to dive into the klusterfukety global government response to COVID-19. Oddly, despite science being fact-based, each country charted its own path—showing that the pandemic itself is a political adventure and science comes secondarily—if at all.

Let me start with a few disclaimers; I’m not a biologist, I am not a virologist and I don’t intend to dwell on the existing data, as most of what’s out there is buggy at best and often doctored for political reasons. Besides, I don’t think hard-data is important to the rest of this post. You see, I am a common-sense guy. In a world where governments have lost their collective minds, I feel I have something of an edge here.

If you read nothing else, read the following; had they stopped this thing in Wuhan, we would be right to use a containment approach to COVID-19. Instead, it’s everywhere and despite your personal opinions on the issue, it isn’t going away until most of us get it. There, I said it; you can hide in your basement, but you’re still probably going to get COVID-19. You can quarantine a whole nation; they’ll just get it next year. We are a global economy and this is now a global disease.

More

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but the longer you can delay getting it, the better chances you have with the latest therapeutics and avoiding overcrowded hospitals. Or if you can run the clock down - with a vaccine.

Anonymous said...

I've been saying for a while now that these lock downs at this point are useless. It is like trying to capture all the smoke from a smoke bomb.

It's already in the wild, on the loose. Trying to contain it is futile.

The masks do nothing. If you can smell anything through the mask then the virus can go through also.

Stupid dumbocrats are willing to take the whole country down to get at Trump.

Anonymous said...

I have my neighbors not wearing mask on flip and several out of state cars during the lock down shopping in our state. I will start sharing. Shame shame shame Lol

Anonymous said...

we should have done NOTHING and let the people just die. Al; we have done is wrecked the economy and...let people die.

Anonymous said...

Europeans managed to control this because they are WE people and not ME people. They followed the simple directives and were not running out every other day of quarantine with impulsive cravings for crab meat that they then spent another three hours returning and going out just to go out and being nosy and counting license plates and whining and crying about their liberties and personal Adult decisions and comforts. It was simple but we are over mediated hyper consumers and people cannot sit still for a week with themselves and just have to get out there to buy something or be a nosy busy body and satisfy their impulsive not so Adult distracted and controlled being.

Anonymous said...

What I'm getting tired of is they damn old rusty and broken RT 50 bridge. Damn thing broke again today thankfully I got word from others and rerouted into Delaware instead of rt 90. 70 plus years and the continued Band-Aids especially summertime. SHA is the blocker and City Fail wants to build second bridges for route 90.

Nov cannot come fast enough.

Anonymous said...

Since you were there, in Europe 4:51, do they have walmarts?

Anonymous said...

Once again, I wear the mask to protect YOU. You wear the mask to protect ME.

Isn't that what "Makes America Great"?

Anonymous said...

8:02 I don't wear that stupid mask to protect anybody. I wear it occasionally because I need something from a store that is enforcing an illegal mandate by that POS/RINO FAT ASS hogan

Anonymous said...

7:26

AGREED!

Anonymous said...

8:02, you're a great american - thanks for looking out for your fellow citizens.

Uh oh, this just in from fake news...
"And after months of downplaying the importance of face coverings, Mr. Trump tweeted a photo of himself wearing a mask and wrote: "many people say that it is Patriotic to wear a face mask when you can't socially distance. There is nobody more Patriotic than me, your favorite President!""

Wait, what? Now I'm confused...

Anonymous said...

if its not N95 its worthless so wear what you want

Anonymous said...

8:02. What do u think is going to happen you if u get it...die probably not. If you haven't got a N95 mask you aren't saving you or me anyways