Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 02, 2020

Facebook, Vandalism

(Vandalism) Here today, GONE tomorrow! It breaks my heart to watch as Jesus becomes the next item on the list of things to be erased. There are actually people who feel it’s their civic duty to destroy the things people work so hard to build. This is all because it has been deemed “offensive”? Where’s my safe space? Where’s this mutual respect I hear so much about, even if you have an opposing viewpoint? The truth is our safe space is not found in the political narrative that’s been neatly divided and served up as option “A” or “B”. I choose “C” for Christ. That’s my safe space. Am I mad? Nope! I am motivated, however, to spend more time exercising the religious freedoms I do have. I will spend more time, God willing, on the streets of Ocean City and where ever else God sends me proclaiming the Good News of the gospel. Get energized Church! Time is shorter than it was yesterday and yet the laborers are still few! Turn off your televisions and video games and train your children. Get involved with your Church family. Study scripture and pray that God will use you as part of a miracle in your community. If not now, when? I really hope when you take your last breath that your plan isn’t to tell Jesus that you just “shared” a post exemplifying a social injustice and tagged 10 people.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably just some punk kids, no need to say they are 'erasing' Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Jesus would be ashamed with modern day America. A country run on blood, oil and money.

Anonymous said...

When you don’t have any aspirations of doing anything and are jealous of anyone that’s positive you want to destroy things because making others sad is the only satisfaction in your life

Anonymous said...

910, 911, 924 take your meds troll and go to bed honey.

Anonymous said...

Vengeance is mine says the Lord

Anonymous said...

I'm, but they are? They are erasing Jesus. I don't get how you can come to this conclusion. And even if you don't believe why such hate. The man who makes this sand art works so hard and does such a nice job. The ones who say they are hated are the ones spewing hate. If you have paid attention it the news, they are erasing Jesus. Wake up people.

Anonymous said...

Easy there 1004...I know things are not normal...924 made a good point about others not happy destroying things that are positive.

Its like those "got damned" seagulls who love to sh*t on my boat. Is it because its always clean? Is it because I don't have to spend energy to move about the water like they NEED to do with their wings? Is it because when I get tired fishing and throw out my remaining bait - not all "get theirs"?

As I recommended to our friend Dawg, bourbon works for me in a pinch - maybe you HONEY should try it (not the entire bottle either), nice portion, cube of ice or two, sit back and enjoy.

If bourbon aint the answer - there's another buddy with a nice establishment in West OC...on the east side of Route 50 with great burgers and $2 ICED COLD Natural lights that may fancy you.

Lots of other sh*t out there much much worse....INDEED!

Anonymous said...

You folks are a piece of work. Take your partisan blinders off for one day. You'll see where most of the folks doing vandalism are not out there for any political/social cause. They are punks out looking for trouble. Plain a simple. Get this through your head and stop trying to attach the illegal actions of some to much larger positive movements.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...

destruction = positive movements

illegal behavior = positive movements

looting = positive movements

vandalism = positive movements

During this national positive movement Americans continue to be murdered (nothing to do with COVID), murdered in all cities, yet the positive movement demands (DEMANDS) the defunding of police.

Hmmmm....waiter, check please. I'm not pleased with this garbage presented (opined) to me.

(snicker snicker)

Anonymous said...

1 pm can’t get here fast enough for you to pass out and stop trolling.

Anonymous said...

if God and Jesus are so powerful than the last thing they or we should be worried about is some messed up sand...I mean, really...Jesus Christ calm down!

Anonymous said...

it's sad to see this destruction of Art, but I'm sure Jesus isn't angry...just disappointed in the people who's hearts are not His...

Anonymous said...

249pm alive, well and continuing to

(snicker snicker)

Ghee said...

Well, the sand is on public domain. It's everybody's anyway. Would I expect my sand castle to stand forever if I built one on the beach?

Anonymous said...

No respect