Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 17, 2020

Experts recommend 1 alcoholic drink per day for men, women

'Our collective health would be better if people generally drank less'
Regardless of your gender, if your daily hobby is drinking — limiting yourself to one a day is best.

That’s the new advice that experts are recommending for the U.S. Dietary Guidelines for Americans, which are scheduled to be updated later this year for the first time in five years. The guidelines now say men should limit themselves to two drinks a day, and that women should limit themselves to one. That advice has been in place since 1990.

In a report released Wednesday, a committee of experts noted there isn’t adequate evidence to support different alcohol recommendations for men and women, and that research supports tightening the limit for men. U.S. health agencies that issue dietary guidelines aren’t required to adopt the committee’s recommendations.

More

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that totally blows up my health picture

Anonymous said...

I believe this to be true.........everyday I drink 7 beers......one for each day of the week!!!

Anonymous said...

Which is it 2 or 1drinks for men
Trying to make plans for happy hour!

Anonymous said...

Unless you're Obama and then we'll use it against you

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness there isn't a limit to how many oz'z

Anonymous said...

Cute 1:14 pm but true😂

Anonymous said...

Yup, One yard of beer per day.

Anonymous said...

I don't drink myself any more. I don't miss it. I don't care if any else drinks. I just don't like to see someone drive after drinking alot. It's similar to wearing a mask. I don't wear one. I don't care if someone else wears one. I do mind being treated poorly if I don't. So let's cut the crap. Do what you want but don't push your beliefs on others.

Anonymous said...

Agreed! 🍺🍺

Anonymous said...

Love my woodfords reserve in my always automatic refill cup. No clue where I got it, its always full when I reach for it.

Same happens when I visit friends or patronize local establishments!

One drink indeed!

(snicker snicker TGIF)

Anonymous said...

TGIF..pour it now Mrs Bartender ! Oh So good !..Very Good !

Anonymous said...

are these the same experts that are giving us corona virus advice that changes every day? sorry i have no faith in anyone who claims to be an expert.