Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Chicago Mayor Flouts Stay-At-Home Order to Get Haircut

Democrat Lori Lightfoot told constituents 'getting your roots done' isn't essential

Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot (D.) is on defense after she was spotted getting a haircut, flouting Illinois governor J.B. Pritzker's stay-at-home order that also shut down nonessential businesses like hair salons.

Photos emerged Sunday of Lightfoot getting a trim after the mayor made public service announcements encouraging social distancing and saying activities like "getting your roots done" were not essential.

Lightfoot was flustered Monday when reporters confronted her about the mixed messaging.

"I'm the public face of this city," she said. "I'm on national media and I'm out in the public eye. I take my personal hygiene very seriously. I felt like I needed to have a haircut. I'm not able to do that myself, and so, I got a haircut. You want to talk more about that?"

She said if she did her hair herself, it would be a "disaster" and the media's focus should be on people dying of the virus.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do as I say, not as I do. Sounds about right for the hypocritical Democrats.

Anonymous said...

Northwest Woodsman: Typical arrogant Pedomarxist democrat. Just others of her persuasion, the rules don’t apply because some pigs are more equal than others.

Anonymous said...

It's just vanity. She could have gotten more traction by letting it grow and pointing out that she suffers with the rest of the people.

Anonymous said...

Hey I got my hair colored today in the privacy of my own home with a box of Nice 'N Easy. 😂

Anonymous said...

I need a HAIR CUT what the hell I need all the help I can get. She is a DEM.

Anonymous said...

No wonder why the virus is "affecting blacks more than whites"! It's not racist or targeting them more. They are just arrogant, non-law abiding people. There I said it!

Anonymous said...

That Afro was getting out of control. Something HAD to be done. LOL

Anonymous said...

April 8, 2020 at 8:50 PM:

A former pig calling others pigs. It is laughable. But you should know better than anyone else.

Anonymous said...

What is this Joe??? Even A mayor not following gestapo orders??? Why are you not shaming or demonize her??? OR maybe Govt orders to stay inside are illegal and unlawful??? Hmmmmmm NOOOOO that can't be it, you know the law so much better than I, maybe it is becasue you stayed in a holiday in express!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ain't nobody going to tell her what to do and not to do but she sure can shout out at the administration for not doing enough.

Anonymous said...

Is beauty shop open? I thought they were considered non essential. Perhaps she went to her beauticians home. At any rate beautician would not have been 6 ft away cutting her hair. Wrong on every count!

Anonymous said...

chicago deserves it!

Anonymous said...

Hello Chicagoan's. If you keep electing functioning dumb, arrogant and untrustworthy people, don't expect ANYTHING ethical to occur.

Anonymous said...

She's making the rounds on the social (TV cable news) shows about the racial demographic deaths... Whats with these City's voting crazies in as Mayor's?

Anonymous said...

Black privilege at its best!

Anonymous said...

She needs a magician, not a beautician.