Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 02, 2019

Laid Off Man Who Handed Out His Resume In Triple-Digit Arizona Heat Receives Multiple Job Offers

A recently laid off Arizona man handed out his resume in the triple-digit heat at a busy Phoenix intersection last week, generating multiple job offers.

Patrick Hoagland had recently been laid off from his old job at a metal recycling company, and had no luck when completing online applications and submitting his resume to local businesses, CNN reports.

A driver noticed Hoagland and expressed her thoughts on Twitter, saying, “I was driving down Camelback Rd in Phx near my office and saw this guy on the side of the road with a smile in 110-degree heat, with a sign asking people to take his resume. I love that he was not asking for a handout, just for people to consider him for a job. #pleaseshare #job”

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what these guys around town should do instead of a sign that says homeless, please help, God bless. Asked a guy one time to come help me haul off a cut down tree for $50. I have a bad back and knees he said. Well you stand out here part of the day on your feet I said. I don't care to do that, I can make double that in half a day he said, and laughed.

Anonymous said...

White, wants to work, taking initiative, asks politely - yep, definitely a white racist

Anonymous said...

Corner of Vine and S. Salisbury Blvd. Scraggy guy in his late 40's/early 50's sits with cardboard "Homeless, Please Help" sign. Woman with several Liberal bumper stickers hands him a fiver. She turns the corner up Salisbury Blvd. He immediately hoofs it over to the Center City convenience store and buys a quart of beer.

Anonymous said...

I wish him all the best and a bright future good man.

Anonymous said...

I won't ever donate to any of them ...I'd walk right into dove point ..ask to see all the Kids ,Men ,Or women there .. DONATE Directly To Them Personally !

local said...

yes 132pm comment...

.that dude also hangs out at Dunkin Donuts on South Salisbury Blvd

he sits on the curb...getting a tan...asking for handouts

I watched him dump coffee people gave him

dude seems to want currency only


I try to stay away from him for fear of being robbed

seems some people take advantage of people pretending to be poor