Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 16, 2019

'My family supports him': Family of slain police Cpl. Ronil Singh thanks Trump during speech

As President Trump was speaking at Annual National Peace Officers' Memorial Service on Capitol Hill, he invited the family of Newman, Calif., police Cpl. Ronil Singh to say a few words. Singh was killed in the line of duty by a man who was in the country illegally in December 2018.

"I am the brother of Cpl. Ronil Singh. I’d like to thank every single law enforcement officer over here. What you guys go through, I heard stories from my brother. This man over here, the Singh family supports him. Whatever he’s doing for the law enforcement, we support him," his brother Reggie told the crowd.

"His team at the White House has reached out to us multiple times, multiple times. I don’t think that has ever happened before, ever. This man is amazing, and my family supports him," he said.

More/Videos

No comments: