Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 22, 2019

New Study: How does Screen Time Affect Grades?

What effects can phone screen time have on students? At first glance, it may seem harmless but when we decided to take a closer look, we found a strong correlation between too much phone time and lower grades.

With 95% of Americans owning a cell phone of some kind and actually 77% of them owning a smartphone (according to pewinternet), the topic of phone time and its potential effects comes into question.

So, we asked 875 undergraduate university/college students (1st year students aged 17-19) what their daily phone screen time was the last 7 days and their current grade to see if there could be any correlation between them.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not even understand how I stopped up right here, however I thought this post was once good.
I don't know who you are however definitely you're going to a well-known blogger if you are not already.
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Everywhere everyone has their nose pressed to a phone. To simply say " Excuse Me " to get them out of your way you have to wake them from a trance. On the bus in the streets stopped in the middle of the aisle in the grocery people paralyzed by a sudden text. You go to the library and no one is reading books they are leaching free Wi-Fi and in the cafe's too. The movie theaters are lit up like candle light vigils with phones. What is so important people ? I love making people actually fill out job applications in person for employment and time them and get back this tiny timid erratic printing hardly legible and looks like they are afflicted and have suffering motor skills.....not to dis the truly afflicted they often make a better effort.
What has happened to us ?
Don't get me wrong I am tech dependent myself
but I do take the cigar out of my mouth now and then.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna guess that the more time on the phone, the lower the grade.

Anonymous said...


Did they actually get any of their target group to peel their eyes from the screen and fingers from screen long enough to generate an answer? Call me dubious!