Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 22, 2019

Fundraiser for Mike Poplardo by Andrew Anzalone : Help Wrongfully Suspended Teacher

Hi all, 

As you may know, I wrote many personal thank you notes and planned to write a thank you note to each person who contributed to this gofundme campaign by adding their comments or by making a donation. I wrote about 100 personal notes before our story received national attention (on Fox News, the Daily Wire, and many other online news and opinion sources). The attention inspired so many good, caring people to reach out with words and donations on this platform and others. I apologize for not being able to keep up with the personal thank you notes and hope that you all know how much my family and I appreciate your support.

In an earlier update I expressed my intentions to work to earn the donations flooding in. I have designed a logo and a slogan that I believe captures the essence of our struggle but I think there is likely people receiving this email who are more talented at such creative efforts so I invite all interested parties to submit a logo and/or a slogan via email to mrpoplardo2@gmail.com . I will narrow down the submissions to three (one will be my designs) and then ask you all to vote to choose the logo and slogan to be print on the blank purple Under Armour jerseys I have already ordered. In about one month the printed jerseys will be made available, at no cost ( while supplies last) as another thank you. The printed shirts will be made available at the site and time of the next administrative hearing and will be made available in other ways. The person(s) who submits the “winning” logo and/or slogan will also be invited to co-chair our new scholarship committee. The Scholarship committee will award 2 $500 scholarships to graduating students who have demonstrated the courage to STAND-UP when it would have been easier to stand-by.

Lastly, adults are who would like to know more about this evolving story may follow my twitter feed Michael Poplardo @Ypurplesnowman .

More

No comments: