Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Kentucky student seen in viral confrontation with Native American speaks out

The Kentucky high school student seen in a viral video standing-face-to-face with a Native American protester at a Washington rally spoke out for the first time Sunday evening, claiming in a statement that he and his classmates were taunted by a group of African-American protesters and saying that he and his family had received death threats.

Nick Sandmann, a junior at Covington Catholic High School, said he was "mortified that so many people have come to believe something that did not happen -- that students from my school were chanting or acting in a racist fashion toward African Americans or Native Americans. I did not do that, do not have hateful feelings in my heart and did not witness any of my classmates doing that."

"I am being called every name in the book, including a racist, and I will not stand for this mob-like character assassination of my family's name," Sandmann said. " ... One person threatened to harm me at school and one person claims to live in my neighborhood. My parents are receiving death and professional threats because of the social media mob that has formed over this issue."

More


https://www.foxnews.com/us/kentucky-student-seen-in-viral-confrontation-with-native-american-speaks-out

No comments: