Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, December 02, 2018

Uber CEO: in 10 Years, You wont own a car

During a segment that aired on “CNN Newsroom” on Tuesday, Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi said in a decade that he envisioned a scenario where people will not own a car.

Khosrowshahi was asked about what that world would look like in ten years in an interview with CNN Business senior technology correspondent Laurie Segall.

“Hopefully, you won’t own a car,” Khosrowshahi repled. “You will essentially come to us, and we’ll give you the choice whether you want to take regular Uber or you want to pool with someone. But we’re also going to show you this is a bus stop that the bus is going to be coming in six minutes from now — that you can take the bus today or the electric bike or scooter today as well. We want to give you every single choice.”

When asked about the possibility of humans becoming irrelevant, Khosrowshahi predicted it wouldn’t be a society completely lacking the human element given difficulties of navigating some circumstances.

More

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

So out of touch. He will be replaced soon.

Anonymous said...

Nope. People will always want/need cars/trucks for travel purposes. Snowflakes will eventually wake up from their LONG slumber knowing constantly being fixated on electronic devices still won't bring home the bacon....and to get that bacon, they will need their own transportation to get to/from their 10 hour plus day job.

The Uber CEO will eventually be caught doing something heinous in the eyes of society (example...see Les Moonves former CEO of CBS Viacom), whereas Uber will fail and be another has been business. Keep hopefully thinking Dara!

TRUMP!
TRUMP!
TRUMP!

Anonymous said...

I dont think so, I will NEVER rely on someone else to get me where I need to be.

Anonymous said...

Go use rental cars or public transportation for a month. You will be selling your first born to BUY your own car.

Anonymous said...

I will keep my Camaro, Chevelle and Corvette until they pry my dead hands off the steering wheel.

Anonymous said...

He will be replaced within 10 months.

Anonymous said...

Not likely I would succeed in even selling all of my cars in ten years. I have a love affair for certain vehicles from the past and am not sure if I'm proud of it or not. It is a time consuming disease probably. Lol

Anonymous said...

I can certainly envision a family not needing a second car as a result of uber or lift, but won’t eliminate the every vehicle.

Anonymous said...

In The Major Cities ..Public Transportation Makes More Sense..think about for 1 minute ....

Anonymous said...

In 10 years, Uber still won't have turned a profit.

Anonymous said...

I want what he is smoking!

Anonymous said...

Umm, if he thinks he's going to be that big, won't I still need a car to drive FOR Uber?

Anonymous said...

So I am going to pay $12.00 to be driven to the store two miles away to pick up a $3.00 gallon of milk? I don't think so.

Anonymous said...

Sure, get in vehicle that reeks of horrible BO, cigarette smoke and the driver's sub sandwich with extra onions and think nothing of it. No thanks.

Anonymous said...

9:36
Calm down!

Nobody is coming for your antique cars.

Anonymous said...

I will never give up my independence, that is what driving is the ultimate symbol of, and he thinks we're all gonna do it willingly? What an ass! I've never even used an Uber!

Anonymous said...

I used to own a clunker for around town, paid for, and when I needed to travel I would rent. Very cost effective. Did that for over 3 years. Saved a bundle.

Anonymous said...

Was this written in English?

Anonymous said...

Funny. I bet most of the commentators here have never used Uber. In large metropolitan / suburban areas it is a fantastic service. I’ve never waited more than 5 minutes for the car to show up. Drivers have been great and cars nice. Never smelled smoke or food odors. Much nicer than Taxis. I’ve used Uber in Chicago, Denver, Philadelphia and Philly suburbs, Orange County, CA, London, and Geneva. Over a hundred rides and never a bad experience.

Anonymous said...

I was able to read it just fine. Can you read 6:24?