Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 26, 2018

Maryland comptroller says Natty Light 77-packs take advantage of young drinkers

By mid-October, College Park liquor stores had sold out of their exclusive 77-packs of Natural Light — and Maryland Comptroller Peter Franchot would like it to stay that way.

Last week, Franchot spoke out against the supersized silver, red and blue keg-shaped containers that were introduced and distributed for a limited time in College Park in early October.

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

They were out last week when I was there.. the beer cave said they sold out in less than an hour thanks to social media.

Anonymous said...

Oh for Crist sake. Of course college kids want cheap beer. Hell I am 50 and drink Natural Light. It is not bad. And the students I am sure would split cost and share. And if it sells that well I am sure the state will love the 9% tax it gets.

Anonymous said...


Trolling for the youth vote was he? Guess not.

Anonymous said...

Give me a break. When I was in college it wasn't unusual to walk out of a liquor store with several cases of beer on any night of the week. This is no different, its just convenient really.

Anonymous said...

Lol Im 54 and I drink it too!

Anonymous said...

Keeps 'em from having to tote so many 12 packs. Not a thing wrong with Natural Light!

Anonymous said...

Teaching fiscal responsibility. But in bulk. Just like Costco or sams club

Anonymous said...

wow, that might make my x wife look good again