Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 02, 2018

Watch: Al Franken Won't Rule Out Running for Office Again

Disgraced former Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) told CBS Minnesota on Monday he isn’t ruling out running for public office in the future.

In his first public appearance since resigning from the Senate, Franken was a featured speaker at the dedication of Bug-O-Nay-Ge-Shig High School on the Leech Lake Indian Reservation. For eight years, the former lawmaker was a member of the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs and widely credited for securing $12 million to replace the decrepit education center.

“That means a lot to me. It was very moving for me. It was very gratifying. I put my heart in the job,” the disgraced Democrat told CBS Minnesota. “I miss the whole job. I loved that job, I loved the job as Senator. … It was very meaningful for me and bittersweet, I would like to still be there.”

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave T: When you as much of a scumbag jackass as Mr. Franken, what else is there to do and who better than to affiliate with? Birds of a feather sure do flock together now don't they Al?

Anonymous said...

remember him on SNL?
Vote for me, Al Franken.

Anonymous said...

He stopped being funny when he stopped being innocuous. Let's also not forget about his cheating to get elected.

Anonymous said...

This turd is not disgraced or he wouldn't think of running for anything.

Anonymous said...

Spare us.