Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, July 08, 2018

Breaking News: A rescue effort in Thailand is underway to save 12 trapped boys and their soccer coach, officials said. Divers have been sent into the cave.

Divers began an effort to rescue 12 boys and their soccer coach Sunday morning from the cave where they are trapped as officials race against the threat of rains flooding the site and making such an effort impossible.

The commander of the rescue operation said they hoped the first rescue would take place at 9 p.m. Sunday.

1 comment:

Stuart Stinchfield said...

The pictures I saw of water being pumped out of that cave looked like maybe they had a couple of 4inch pumps working. I can tell you if they want to get that water level down that just ain't gonna hack it. Years ago I ran an ocean surf clam boat for the American Original Company. Water was pumped to our dredges by pumps that had 10 inch suction and 8 inch discharge powered by 12 cylinder diesel engines,those pumps pumped about 8 thousand gallons per minute.I believe the boats working now are using even larger rigs. My whole point is if they really want to get those kids out safely they better forget about trying to teach them to SCUBA dive, I was also a commercial diver and Scuba diving instructor and I know what I'm talking about.Get about 4 large pumps powered by large diesel engines and pump that water level down and stop jerking around and DO IT NOW! Stu Stinchfield.