Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Son of Democrat Congressman: ‘Coming Out as a Republican Worse Than Coming Out Gay

Adam Levine, a writer for the Federalist and the son of a Democratic congressman, claimed in an article this week that it was harder to come out as a Republican than it was to come out gay.

“I am not a sex offender. But a number of my friends no longer have time to see me,” declared Levine in the article. “Lifelong acquaintances now regard me with fear and distrust. I have been un-friended en masse on social media and excoriated by friends who deign to remain. And I have been singly excluded from social gatherings when the rest of my family was invited.”

“No, I am not a sex offender. I am something even worse than that. I am a Donald Trump supporter,” he proclaimed. “I was raised in a liberal Jewish family in Washington DC, where my dad served as a Democratic congressman for Los Angeles. Accordingly, I was indoctrinated with all of the correct values and views.” Adam’s father, Mel Levine, served in Congress from 1983 to 1993.

Levine claimed that growing up, he “learned the black national anthem before I knew the ‘Star Spangled Banner’,” and when he “came out” as gay to his family at the age of 20, they “were duly overjoyed.”

When he came out as a Republican, however, his life quickly changed.

“I did not even bother going to gay pride because it was fused with a Resist march. If you do not want to impeach our president, you have no place in gay life,” Levine claimed. “I was labeled a white supremacist by a friend I’ve known my entire life, and completely dropped with no explanation by another dear friend and self-anointed giant of the gay civil rights movement to whom my father had introduced me 15 years ago.”

More here

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

For this same reason, many of us are 'silent' Trump supporters!

How do you think the polls were all wrong? People voted their conscience at the ballot box!

Trump will get reelected the same way - unless the dumbocrats come up with another JFK!

Bob Aswell said...

If I thought my mother who is now deceased was a Dumbocrat or ever voted for one I'd go to the cemetery and take a crap on her grave.
Fed Up with phonies.... Bob Aswell

Anonymous said...

Liberal Democrats are such an inclusive bunch, aren't they?
Whatever happened to 'practice what you preach'?

Anonymous said...

12:25 PM. Please see Bob's 12:06 PM post above for your answer. It works both ways.

Anonymous said...

Well he is confused on many points.

Anonymous said...

I am neither one, but would probably come out sweet (gay) before coming out nasty (democrat)

Anonymous said...

what the hell is the black national anthem?