Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, October 29, 2017

A Viewer Writes: Stolen Pit Bull Story

Hi Joe,

Well here's my story, Ill try not to be long. So back in January of this year I went to feed my dog Prince and realized that he was not on his chain. The weird part about it is, the chain was not broken and only one collar was left connected to the chain. There were no holes dug in my yard and my dog cannot jump my double fence. He wears 2 collars because he is a big healthy dog and the way I had them around his neck he could not break the collars, someone would have to take them off of him. When he was found he only had on collar on him. So as any pet owner would do I got into my car with my older children and searched my neighborhood for him. I even asked neighbors if they had saw him running loose....Nothing. So after a day of him not returning I contacted animal control and the Humane Society just in case one of them ran across him. Later that day I was notified by my friend that she had seen my dog on a Facebook Lost and found pet site. So I went to that site and contacted the person (Danielle Blanchard) who had him to let her know that I was the owner of my Prince. I left my number and told her she could call me to set up a meeting to return him. 3 days went by and I didn't hear anything from Danielle. So I went to Danielle's personal Facebook page and found out that she worked at Pohanka Hyundai and I went up there personally to let her know I wanted my dog back. I asked her if she found him and did she have him and she said Yes. So I said well can you call whoever has him so I can go and pick him up. She says no I cant. I said why I'm not understanding. She said well I took him for a walk and he ran away from me and I couldn't catch up to him. I said in the earlier part of our conversation you said you had him and now you're telling me he got away from you. She said yes, hes a big strong dog you know that. I just couldn't hold him. So I left and called the Humane Society and animal control again and still no signs of him. I informed animal control about Danielle and they assisted me in trying to get him back. Danielle told the Animal Control Officer that she no longer had him. So after a couple of days Animal Control gave Danielle the option to either return him or be taken to court for theft.Danielle then told the Animal Control Officer that she re-homed him. She was asked if she could get him back and she said yes. So a few days later I was contacted by ACO saying that Danielle stated that the person who has my Prince neutered him. I told ACO that I didn't care about that I just wanted him returned to me. So a few more days went by and Danielle stated that she did not want yo return my dog to me. So a criminal case was brought up against her and she was found guilty of theft. The judge ordered her to return my dog to animal control herself or give ACO the name of the person who had him and she would not be sentenced. Danielle complied with the judges order and gave ACO the name of the person who has my dog (Alana Mcgeehan). So that same day ACO went to Alanas residence to get my Prince and she refused to give him to ACOs. The very next day after Danielles trial I'm served with papers from Alana McGeehan, She is taking me to court hoping that the court gives her ownership of my dog. Her defense is that I was abusing my dog and other crap. If she felt this way then why not take me to court way back in January when Danielle gave her my dog or better yet why didnt she report me to the authorities for animal abuse. I've went to the states Attorney since they represented me in Danielle's case for help and they said they will look into it and get back with me. I've followed up with them and they are still telling me that they are working on it. The District Court judge who presided over the hearing changed his story and he doesn't want to help. I even went to the police chief for help and she said she couldn't do anything without a court order. I asked her none of her officers could assist me and go over there and get my dog back and she said no. The states attorney and the police chief will not bring charges of theft up against Alana McGeehan HOWEVER I was told that if I went over to Alanas residence myself to retrieve MY PROPERTY that I would be arrested and charged with multiple charges . So we have 3 law officials who know that this woman has my dog and nobody will step in and help me solve this matter. I have been very patient thru this whole process. I'm mentally and emotionally distressed and at this point I'm getting very angry. My kids are also being affected by this whole thing. I raised Prince from birth with my kids and it is beyond me why a person thinks they have rights to my dog because it was given to them. Throughout Alanas petition she indirectly states she knows she is not the owner however if she were to be ordered to give him back she wants her lawyer fees paid and me to reimburse her for every dollar that she has spent on my dog. What person in their right mind would want someone to reimburse them for their own voluntary actions. No one told her to keep my dog and no one told her to provide services to him. If she had given him back then she wouldn't have spent any money on him. I tried to obtain counsel but nobody wants to take my case because each lawyer I talked to stated that since my ownership was determined in District Court they would not feel humane to take my money for this case. I have been doing all of this on my own and Alanas attorney is continuing to harass me with petition after petition. This is really outrageous and I'm very disappointed in the justice system because i feel like they are not standing up to their oath. I feel like they said F-bomb me and my family. Yes this case may be abut a dog, but my dog is like a child to me. And then law officials wonder why people don't want to cooperate with them and give them a hard time. This is clearly theft or dog napping but I'm not gonna give up on my dog.

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your work with our legal system , it sucks as know , lawyers and judges are owned by satan.

Anonymous said...

This is outrageous!

Anonymous said...

There is a hearing coming up don't miss it and if you haven't responded to any of the court paperwork sent to you do so and walk it down to the courthouse on Monday morning.
I see the dog being returned to you. I also see that if you can not prove the dog was up to date on rabies shot and possibly others you may be ordered to reimburse for that. The reimbursement of legal fees is laughable. Don't worry about that.
Have all vet records with you. If you don't have them the veterinary offices will have them. Get all copies. Pictures will help. Pictures of you and/or your children interacting with the dog.
Looks like the judge is Judge Sarbanes.

lmclain said...

Houses catch on fire all the time.
People take a walk and never get seen again.
Dogs get stolen.
Life happens.
Another report gets filed.
Keep cheering.

Anonymous said...

I hate people like this Alana McGeehan. It all amounts to them showing off and wanting to make a name for themselves as being the savior of animals. The thing is if she would stop and use her head for just a minute she would see that all her actions do is contribute to breeding. There is nothing stopping you from going and buying a new puppy if she is allowed to keep the dog. If her intentions were really about the dog and not about wanting to make herself look important she would have been civil and given the dog back to the owner and offered to help with the dog instead of stealing him.

Anonymous said...

It this the case? It says "dismissed"

Case Information


Court System: District Court For Wicomico County - Criminal
Location: Wicomico
Case Number: D-023-CR-17-000302
Title: State of Maryland vs. DANIELLE LEE BLANCHARD
Case Type: Criminal - SOC - Application



Charge No: 1CJIS Code:1-0621Statute Code:CR.7.104

Charge Description: THEFT: LESS $1,000 VALUECharge Class:Misdemeanor

Probable Cause: YES

Offense Date From: 01/30/2017To: 01/30/2017
Agency Name: Officer ID:
Disposition
Plea: Not GuiltyPlea Date:07/27/2017
Disposition: DismissedDisposition Date:07/27/2017

Anonymous said...

The dog is like a child to you? Do you keep your children on a chain?

Anonymous said...

McGeehan is going to try and prove abuse maybe or at the very least neglect. While the proof is up to her to provide it would be in your best interest to do as stated above. Have all your vet records with you and anything you can show that would provide proof that Prince wasn't just a dog kept on a chain outside but was a part of the family.
If you don't have any pictures then you can ask friends and/or family to be witnesses for you. They would have to go in person. Letters most likely wouldn't be allowed to be admitted.

Anonymous said...

and be careful...


Case Information


Court System: District Court For Wicomico County - Criminal
Location: Wicomico
Case Number: D-023-CR-17-001739
Title: State of Maryland vs. ALANA MCGEEHAN
Charge No: 1CJIS Code:1-5202Statute Code:CR.4.101.(c)(1)

Charge Description: DANGEROUS WEAPON-CONCEALCharge Class:Misdemeanor

Probable Cause: YES

Offense Date From: 07/27/2017To: 07/27/2017
Agency Name: Officer ID:
Disposition
Plea: GuiltyPlea Date:10/02/2017
Disposition: Probation Before Judgment - UnsupervisedDisposition Date:10/02/2017

Anonymous said...

The first lie is "I'll try not to be long," then its downhill from there. There's a reason he doesn't have his dog back. His "family pet", raised from a puppy, was chained out in his yard. That's where the "family pet" had to live, and the condition of his confinement. He doesn't deserve to have that dog, or any dog, to just chain him up in his yard. He's lucky he doesn't get animal cruelty charges out of this.

Anonymous said...

And do share the opposing attorney's name so that business goes elsewhere

Anonymous said...

I have a sneaking suspicion that this guy probably shouldn't have a dog

Anonymous said...

It's theft of property. Period. Whose office can people call to stand up for the victim here?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like maybe this woman will give your dog a life off of a chain!! Why are you keeping your dog chained up in the yard anyway? Whats the point of having one? Dogs belong inside with family!

Anonymous said...

I checked the judiciary record of the person who wrote this doggy stealing story.
I know I should not judge a person for this reason but her record does make me skeptical enough to question if there is more to the story then she states.

Anonymous said...

She says "The weird part about it is, the chain was not broken and only one collar was left connected to the chain. There were no holes dug in my yard and my dog cannot jump my double fence."

NO !!! The weird part is WHY you had "Your Prince" (double collared) chained inside your double fence that was so tall Prince could not jump over it. Makes me wonder if there were 2 chains also involved?

Anonymous said...

"Anonymous said...

The dog is like a child to you? Do you keep your children on a chain?

October 28, 2017 at 7:58 AM"

Stop making excuses for the rank skank thieves. Every single legitimate and by legitimate not these back yard "rescuers" who are only looking to show off and 100 percent of the time are clueless has info pertaining to what to do if you suspect or confirm neglect.
Of course if it's an emergency such as the dog is injured you call authorities but other wise you offer assistance for the dog. You do not steal the dog.

Anonymous said...

October 28, 2017 at 7:58 AM

read the story. you answer lies within.

Anonymous said...

626 Priscilla St Salisbury,MD first case solved and 422 Virginia Ave Salisbury,MD, second case solved. Crime is crazy in Salisbury as you know stuff happens all the time. Everyone be careful ok

Anonymous said...

The laws are with the owner and not the one who took the dog. I am on every single animal rights mailing list there is and get their publications all the time. I see this same scenario played out regularly. The bottom line you just can't go and steal someone's dog.
Why some hard luck lawyer is even taking this to court is the mystery because they are ultimately going to lose the case.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I checked the judiciary record of the person who wrote this doggy stealing story.
I know I should not judge a person for this reason but her record does make me skeptical enough to question if there is more to the story then she states.

October 28, 2017 at 9:35 AM

I don't think you did, she didn't post her name. And the name on the case doesn't return any hits other than this case.

Anonymous said...

Pets are property. It's no different than if a car fanatic came by my house and took my Nova out of my yard because they didnt feel it was getting the attention it deserved.

No one has the right to come on someone else's property and take something that is not theirs because they think they can take care of it better.

Was this person taking care of the dog the way he/she should have been? PROBABLY not. Did the person that stole the dog and the person that received the stolen property commit a crime? Certainly yes.

Anonymous said...

this happened back in January or earlier.

Anonymous said...

You sure do lo e your dog like your children,IF by that you mean you tether your kids to a chain and two collars outside as well.

Anonymous said...

I would suggest you go online and look up Maryland law regarding animals and theft as well as receiving stolen property. You do not need the the police or the state's attorney's office to petition the court for charges of receiving stolen property! If the courts have already destined the dog was stolen then she is in receipt of stolen property. Look for an out of area attorney, no local attorney will buck the system they have to work with daily!

Anonymous said...

Counter suit to her charge of abuse...receipt of stolen property!

Anonymous said...

How much you want to bet both these women lay down with black dogs on a daily basis.

Anonymous said...

It depends for how long the dog is on the chain. I don't put mine on one because we are on almost 400 acres and he's not in 6 yrs has ever left without us right around our house. When he's out alone he wears a GPS collar and it's rare he goes 1000ft from the house and that is to only use the bathroom. He can't even be bothered chasing deer because he sees so many.
Anyway growing up my aunt had a German Shepard that she used to put out on a chain for a few hours each day. The rest of the time the dog was in the house and was in for the night.
My brother also had to do the same years ago even though he had a fence because his dog would jump it.
I don't really like the idea but in an urban setting it is the lessor of the 2 evils. If they can't be watched constantly then a chain while not a good option is the best available.

lmclain said...

She's mad because she had a fight set up for her Pit and they ruined it.
People tend to notice dogs out in the sun all day with no water. They also tend to notice when you beat that dog and how often it is fed.
The girl is a thief. The other girl is just trash.
Poor dog.

Unknown said...

Judge Sarbanes is a decent human. Have faith in him, he gives the system hope. I feel as if he will help you in this matter so long as your story is true.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Dogs on chains make me sick. How you treat your dog says a lot about you. People that chain dogs should get the same treatment for at least 6 months. If I could go through the Church street area and scoop up all the maltreated chained dogs I would...but I cannot. Breaks my heart.

Anonymous said...

I love animals, but man I really love people. 4:25 would rather rescue a 12 year old dog than rescue a 12 year old child on Church Street. I remember Thomas Leggs Jr would beat the he-- out of his dog on Bennett Rd and gloat about cutting chickens heads off.

Want to have an impact to the animals on Church Street? Go volunteer with the kids of those raising them!


Anonymous said...

Oh wise one - she did not have to post her name for her doggy story - for she left a paper trail -

(In her doggy story writings she wrote - "The very next day after Danielles trial I'm served with papers from Alana McGeehan")

Check the case file of Alana McGeehan to see who Ms McGeehan had papers served on - the name of the person who was the receiver of those papers is also the same one who wrote about "MY PRINCE" and is who I speak of - that woman's case file runs 2 pages so look at Wicomico Court records (though possibly the woman lived in other counties as well)

Anonymous said...

There is a simple solution to this case. Bring the 2 parties into the court room with the dog on a leash controlled by a third party. Set the dog free and the owner will be determined by who the dog goes to.

Anonymous said...

Poor dog.

Anonymous said...

2 Chains? What does he have to do with anything? Why would he be involved? He’s just hanging out hitting the blunt and taking photos with Easton Troopers. Leave the brotha out of this!!

Anonymous said...

Nice story and all but, did SPD bring you pizza and hang out with you as part of their crime reduction plan?

Anonymous said...

being on a chain for short periods is fine. every minute of every day is not. calm the freak down nuts

Anonymous said...

October 28, 2017 at 6:07 PM

WOW. No thanks. That is too much trouble for me. I'm not that nosy.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like what OJ Simpson went thru in Vegas. They told him the same thing. You can't have something thats clearly yours. The system screws everyone. Its the amerikkkan way.

Anonymous said...

The reason she doesn't have her dog back is because it was rescued from an abusive environment, and not stolen.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
The reason she doesn't have her dog back is because it was rescued from an abusive environment, and not stolen.

October 30, 2017 at 8:53 AM

If that is true I would like to see the report, if there is one.