HERNDON, Va. (ABC7) — Sources have confirmed to ABC7 News the details of a Washington Post report that states the man who police say abducted and killed a teen near a mosque in Herndon earlier this month allegedly attacked a different woman and sent her to a hospital just one week earlier. That woman reportedly told authorities the man who attacked her was in MS-13.
Shortly after Nabra Mohmod Hassanen was found dead on Sunday, June 18, police in the area noticed a car driving suspiciously and began a traffic stop on Darwin Martinez Torres, 22, of Sterling. He was taken into custody as a suspect, and later charged with murder.
Just one week before the murder, sources confirm to ABC7 News that a woman said she was sexually assaulted and choked by a man who was later identified as Martinez Torres.