Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Is the Government Trying to Silence Christian Cops?

The Indiana State Police said Thursday it had let go a trooper who had been sued twice in the past 18 months for allegedly preaching to citizens after stopping them for traffic violations. 

Senior Trooper Brian Hamilton, 40, was a 14-year veteran of the agency, Fox 59 reported. His firing was announced two days after the American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana filed suit on behalf of driver Wendy Pyle, who claimed her rights were violated after Hamilton pulled her over in January. 

"While all of us — citizen and police officer — enjoy the right to freedom of religion and freedom of speech," State Police Superintendent Doug Carter said in a statement, "there are appropriate and proper restrictions placed on agents of the State related to their actions while engaged in their official duties."

Source: Fox News

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is right, go after the christian cops who follow the law, and let loos the cops who break the law...

That sounds about right...

But remember according to the ass cheek sucking cop lovers, No matter what a cop does, good or bad, it is always your fault as to why the cops abuse, cheat, steal, lie and murder...

Anonymous said...

Cops job is to collect as much money from citizens as possible.

It is not to preach.

That guy needs to learn the truth about statutory law.

Anonymous said...

I live in Indiana, in the area where this officer was assigned. I don't know him and have had no contact with him.
I am a dedicated Christian, and I try to share God's love with people when I can.
From what I understand of this situation, this officer went too far with his efforts to do the same. Because of his being a Trooper, in uniform, on a traffic stop, I don't think he should have done what he apparently did, if for no other reason than the intimidation factor.
I hope to meet him, and perhaps I will since he lives around here. If I do, I would like to hear from him personally what happened and his feelings about it.
If I discover anything worth sharing, I will.

Anonymous said...

504 I don't believe you.

Anonymous said...

I don't want a cop preaching to me if he stops me for any reason, period.

I have a Darwin Fish on the rear of all my vehicles.